Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help? ZX? Need a power and ground source in the rear end somewhere!

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2008, 11:53 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help? ZX? Need a power and ground source in the rear end somewhere!

My personal experiance with the OEM camera install is when I tied in the power to the reverse lights, every time I hit the brakes, the picture flashes once. I assume from the drain on that circuit. But I did tie into the ground and the power wires on the reverse light. I was wondering if there was a closer switched power source myself
Old January 28th, 2008, 9:51 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rruelas

My personal experiance with the OEM camera install is when I tied in the power to the reverse lights, every time I hit the brakes, the picture flashes once. I assume from the drain on that circuit. But I did tie into the ground and the power wires on the reverse light. I was wondering if there was a closer switched power source myself
If you put a cap on that circuit, that should fix the quick drain of that circuit.
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tap into the hot lead for the rear hatch light on hte upper right side of the hatch.
Old January 28th, 2008, 8:26 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

GM geeks are right. behind the rf kick, there is a 3 wire connector in behind another connector. pink, blue and a bare wire. connect an RCA lead to the pink and blue.
as far as power and ground, use the wires coming from the reverse light. its not hot or accy....but why do you need it? the camera only needs to be on when it is in reverse. connecting it to hot could cause a drain on the battery, Accy would cause the cam to be on the entrie time the key is on, thus reducing the life span on the camera.