Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2007, 2:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Hey guys. Ok I have an 07 LT2 tahoe with the Bose system, but no rear dvd or dvd player at all. I already know that the part number ending 103 doesnt have any DVD capabilities. So my question is, if I bought a headunit ending in 102, would I be able to play DVDs on the navigation screen even though my hoe is not equipped with DVD? And would a 102 even be compatible with my tahoe?
ZX? anyone?
Old May 15th, 2007, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

I purchased a factory navigation cd/dvd/xm etcupgrade system fora 07 suburban from jpcustoms and is on is way and they said is ready just plug and play. I will post the final results when I finish the project because I will have a total navigation, dvd, xm and the rear cam installed.
Old May 15th, 2007, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so I have a 07 Hoe LT3 with DVD, BOSE and rear entertainment I just ordered my Nav unit(Part number 15940102) so do I need to order the wiring kit from JP Customs if I'm just going to use this for dvd entertainment purposes only? and could someone tell me how much is that wiring kit? isnt the wiring kit to make the Navigation work? So if I'm not going to use Nav then I dont need that kit? right? need Help!!!! so confused[&:]. I just want a front screen without going aftermarket!!!
Old May 16th, 2007, 5:55 PM
CF Active Member

If your not using the nav then you shouldn't need that kit. The kit from JP customs is for the VSS and speed sensor harnesses. Without these your navigation may not work right and the voice command won't work if you decide to use the navigation. However since you are only using the DVD player then it should work fine with the kit. One question, where did you get your Nav unit part number ending 102 from and for how much?
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

So I'm getting a new 07 Tahoe... I'm looking at an LT3 with Nav unit and getting GM dual DVD headrest monitors. Question is will backseat passengers have to wear wireless/wired headphones to watch DVD and listen to CD and then switch to wired headphones (different headphone jack in center console) to listen to radio or XM in the back? I'm hoping the two are integrated so the passenger does not have to swtich between wireless and wired.

Any information would be appreciated.
Old May 17th, 2007, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, so I haven't seen my situation being answered completely, so here it goes.....

My set up is 07' Tahoe LS w/ out Bose. I just recently purchased and installed the OEM nav unit ending in ....66, along with the GPS antenna and have had it unlock by the dealer. However, since my orignal system is not Bose, I do not have any chims and the volume on the stereo is minimal. It was my understanding the all I had to do was get an amp hooked up and the sound would be back to normal, so I have purchased and its on its way a Bose amp # 15186661 (it does not have any wiring included). So here are my questions:

1) I am corrected thinking that all that will need to be done is this Bose amp?
2) I was informed by a dealer that I would need wire assembly part # 15134091 to connect this amp, is this correct?
3) What else does it sound like I am going to need to get this up and running?
4) Or am I out of luck and should I just go back to the orignal stereo system?

By the way the Nav unit works GREAT!

Thanks for any insite.......
Old May 18th, 2007, 8:47 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I have the overhead RSE and use the IR headphones for both the DVD and CD and radio. I do have to switch the headphones from #1 to #2 when going from movies to radio, etc.
Old May 19th, 2007, 7:13 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: retsprah

Ok, so I haven't seen my situation being answered completely, so here it goes.....

My set up is 07' Tahoe LS w/ out Bose. I just recently purchased and installed the OEM nav unit ending in ....66, along with the GPS antenna and have had it unlock by the dealer. However, since my orignal system is not Bose, I do not have any chims and the volume on the stereo is minimal. It was my understanding the all I had to do was get an amp hooked up and the sound would be back to normal, so I have purchased and its on its way a Bose amp # 15186661 (it does not have any wiring included). So here are my questions:

1) I am corrected thinking that all that will need to be done is this Bose amp?
2) I was informed by a dealer that I would need wire assembly part # 15134091 to connect this amp, is this correct?
3) What else does it sound like I am going to need to get this up and running?
4) Or am I out of luck and should I just go back to the orignal stereo system?

By the way the Nav unit works GREAT!

Thanks for any insite.......
Hey there... I was under the impression that all 07 units with front bucket seats have teh bose amp and speakers? As per Dave here....

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

For anybody that owns a new 2007 Tahoe/Suburban or Avalanche with Bose (all front bucket seat equipped units have Bose speaker/amp system) and wishes to install the factory OEM Denso Navigation system here is a complete set of instruction and list of parts to accomplish the job:
Do you not have front buckets?

Matt
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

With the help of this forum,I just finished installing a #102 head unit in my 07 Tahoe LS non Bose/non Onstar/no bucket seats!!!!
Did it in about an hour myself. (again .....with the help of all the great guys on this forum!!!)
For all you guys with an LS.....YES IT DOES WORK!!!!
All you need is the plug kit from JP customs to hook up the VSS wire for turn by turn tracking.
The only thing I do not have is voice recognition only because I don't have onstar and I am fine with that.
Also my radio volume is a little low but not that bad!!!
As Dave(ZX) has stated...... my non Boseradio volume will be low and I will need to install an aftermarket amp whichI will dosoon.
Thanks

Old May 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
CF Beginner

I don't have bucket or Bose system. It appears that the turn by turn is working correctly, however the sound is extremely low ( as well with the sound of the stereo). I've purchased a stock bose amp off ebay, however I'm having a hard time locating a part number for the wire assembly to attach the OEM amp to the OEM nav unit. And I'm not quite sure how to attach it once I have all the parts. I've researched it and I think I need the 2007 Bose amp interface # AOEM-GM1416, any thoughts? Please let me know if this seems right.......

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe