Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2006, 1:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

It takes the system at least 30 minutes to initialize and acquire a position if the power is undone or if you install a new unit, leave it out of the garage or go for a drive.

Dave A
Old October 1st, 2006, 8:03 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HI,
I just bought a 2007 program tahoe. It didnt not have the wireless headphones or remote for the factory rear dvd. Can anyone direct me where to find some that will work? Also part numbers for the remote and headphones?

DOes anyone have a set they dont use or want to sell? Thanks.
Old October 5th, 2006, 3:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. Looking for some help. I have a 2007 GMC Denali with the factory rear dvd, I don't have the navigation system. I went to a local car stereo store here in NY he try installing a Pioneer and a Kenwood Navigation and he couldnt get it to work. So I just purchased a oem navi with the antenna. My question is will this be plug and play? The navi is brand new never installed before. I also would like to know if the Denali is prewired for the rear camera. Your help would be really appreciated.

Old October 5th, 2006, 11:55 AM
CF Addict

gambianoca,

Where did you get the OEM nav unit? I am looking for one! What did you have to pay? Thanks!
Old October 5th, 2006, 11:59 AM
CF Addict

Nav system will need to be enabled with Tech-2 by dealer.
Look under the front passenger seat on the Denali, if there is a silver (metal) rear camera control module it will be on the left side near the seat track in the center area (as you're sitting in the seat), if the module is there then you are pre-wired. there will be a couple of other modules under there so don't get them confused.
Old October 5th, 2006, 1:15 PM
CF Junior Member

ZX,

I dont think I have read the answer to my question directly, but some of your post have kind of beat around the bush about it...

I have the LS model with the mp3 radio. I want to upgrade it to the DVD/Nav unit. Would this be a simple switch of the radio unit and everything work ok? Or would I have to have the dealer reprogram the computer?
Old October 5th, 2006, 4:10 PM
CF Addict

You will have to have it reprogammed by the dealer as well as make sure you have the right antenna. I am no expert but I have read that much. Someone else can provide more information on this I am sure.
Old October 5th, 2006, 4:28 PM
CF Addict

I didn't mean to skip your question.
Yes, the OEM Denso Nav/DVD unit can be installed in an LS model (non-Bose), once the unit is installed Tech-2 will need to be hooked up and new programming will have to be installed into the vehicles radio module to enable the use of the new navigation radio and also the proper vehicle options will need to be selected by the technician doing the upgrade.
Most dealers will charge ½ - 1 hour labor for this, it’s a 5 minute job for a competent mechanic.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Old October 8th, 2006, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

I got the Navi from ebay. Some guy name Radioboy, it was brand new in the oem box. It was much cheaper then the dealer.
Old October 8th, 2006, 3:26 AM
CF Beginner

Okay Im alittle confused. I have a black Bosch box thats on the floor it ia rear towards the door on the passenger seat. I have nothing in the middle because the floor vent is there. I do have a small box on the left front passenger seat next to the console it was covered by the rug right next to the track. The box is metal on the top and its also a bosch. Is this what I'm looking for? Also the antenna gets mount on the passenger A pillar? If I install the radio will the radio at least work until I take it to the dealer? Thanks alot for your help. Any New York techs on the forum? Also anyone have a parts disc or a service manual?.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe