Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2010, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by piratenation08
I just bought an OEM nav unit off of ebay, which was unlocked (didn't show theft-lock when connected). My tahoe didn't come with factory navigation, but has Bose and RES.

The radio powers up and all functions seem to be working perfectly accept the volume control ****/digital pot. The volume is at or what seems to be full-on 100% all the time and will not turn down. Strangely enough, the power on/off function of the volume ****/digital **** works fine. Has anyone had issues with this before? I am taking the tahoe in tomorrow to get my new 2-way remote programmed. Does anyone think that this issue might be fixed by resetting the BIN? or Programming with Tech2/TIS may fix this? If not, does DENSO sell replacement digital volume pots???
I've seen the same when I installed mine. Even if the item isn't locked, however you need to program it by dealer. Tech-2 is the cure...
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Nav radio issue - please help!

Originally Posted by Molodtsoff
I've seen the same when I installed mine. Even if the item isn't locked, however you need to program it by dealer. Tech-2 is the cure...

Hey thanks for the reply! I took it to my chevy dealer today. They reprogrammed the radio and programmed a new 2-way advanced remote that I installed. The radio volume problem was fixed, or so I thought.

The tahoe was parked/turned off initially after programming. It worked just fine after I started it up and drove home from the dealer. I returned to the tahoe to drive across town approximately 1 hour later and the radio had no power and the park assist was disabled.

Can anyone help here???? Did the dealer/tech possibly forget to save anything to the ECM? Has anyone had this problem?!? The tech person also told me that he disabled the backup camera feature because my tahoe doesn't currently have the camera (not that this would effect the power to the radio)

NAV is GM part number 15882766 by the way...
Old August 30th, 2010, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Ok new update... I unplugged the power to the radio and plugged it back in.

The radio power returned and the park assist is now re-enabled. I turned the car on and off a few times, and the power dissappeared again, but the park assist didn't shut down this time. The tech at the dealer said this is pretty strange. The radio is warm to the touch, but the tech stated that this is normal. Although I have BOSE, after programming I noticed that the BOSE logo when the radio powers up has dissappeared. Could this be because the tech misprogrammed the radio?????
Old August 30th, 2010, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Ok new update... I unplugged the power to the radio and plugged it back in.

The radio power returned and the park assist is now re-enabled. I turned the car on and off a few times, and the power dissappeared again, but the park assist didn't shut down this time. The tech at the dealer said this is pretty strange. The radio is warm to the touch, but the tech stated that this is normal. Although I have BOSE, after programming I noticed that the BOSE logo when the radio powers up has dissappeared. Could this be because the tech misprogrammed the radio?????
wow...to add to this...
I installed the navigation disc today as well. The GPS located the initial position of the tahoe. The GPS did not track the movement of the car and the buttons and screen became significantly delayed while the disc was inserted...

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???
Old August 31st, 2010, 3:07 AM
CF Beginner

Maybe you need to reprogram it again and look for additional options in TIS If it worked properly after programming - it must be ok. Donno what happened after switching off, try to check wires and harness.
I think it's better to show up this problem in dealer's office, where it was programmed. I still have no camera signal, cause I can't find a Rostra interface harness, but my tech serviceman enabled the signal from cam, so I can connect it anytime by myself. Still I have no problem with the sound. Hope you'll solve this riddle. Don't forget to inform us how.
Old August 31st, 2010, 3:10 AM
CF Beginner

wow...to add to this...
I installed the navigation disc today as well. The GPS located the initial position of the tahoe. The GPS did not track the movement of the car and the buttons and screen became significantly delayed while the disc was inserted...

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???
First of all, have you got a GPS antenna with your Navi system?
If not, it's selling separately from head unit.
Old August 31st, 2010, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Molodtsoff
First of all, have you got a GPS antenna with your Navi system?
If not, it's selling separately from head unit.
Yeap! I bought and installed the GPS antenna (GM 15201798) the same time as the radio. Luckily the power problem hasn't happened since yesterday, but the NAV screen is showing a very noisey signal. I really think something is wrong with the programming. You can buy the VSS/backup camera (RCA connection) and onstar harness from ebay for $65.00 with free shipping http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The company selling the harnesses on ebay have phone support at (1-800-881-8207). You can also purchase the harness over the phone. They include directions for installation. I will be installing this on Wednesday Sept. 1 and will keep the forum updated. I'm taking the tahoe back to the dealer on Thursday Sept. 2 to have the radio reprogrammed. If it doesn't work, I think I'm just gonna give up and send it all back.
Old August 31st, 2010, 3:49 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If the VSS isn't connected, then the Nav won't track vehicle movement.
Old August 31st, 2010, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

If the VSS isn't connected, then the Nav won't track vehicle movement.
What you say definitely makes sense, but the tech at the dealer said that the 07 didn't have to have the connection. This leads me to think that this guy doesn't know what he's doing. But the tech does have a slight advantage over me because I don't have a TECH2 or access to TIS... I'm getting the harness tomorrow and connecting everything.

As an update, the radio hasn't lost power any today, so it was possibly a loose connection.
Old September 1st, 2010, 6:09 AM
CF Beginner

By the way, this Navi is properly tracking without VSS here (i mean in Russia). It was tested on several cars with Delphi-Denso navi systems, so everything is ok. However, GM Navi is not so comfortable and direct as Garmin or HP, so I'm not using it as usual, just trying to make all the OEM options working properly.

Now I'm downloading 2008-2009 Navi program (compatible with LR, RRS and Volvo Navi) for Europe and Russia, so I'll notice you about results with pictures.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe