Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2010, 4:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To anyone out there that has a clue, please help.

I took an 07 NBS 2007 Silverado LTZ into the dealership today to have them program a nav unit I just installed last night. This is about the 5th install I have done, and they have programmed it every time for me. Typically takes about 10 minutes. Today after hours or trying they couldn’t get it to program. It says theftlocked on the screen which is typical. They said they keep getting all kinds of error codes. Of course the dealership called GM tech support and they said that radio isnt meant for that vehicle. My dealership has only done this for me, so they haven’t completed a ton of these reprograms. Has something changed? I just had them do a 2007 Sierra SLT in February without any issues. This has me puzzled as well as my dealership.

Any ideas? Keep getting tons of errors??????
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey

i'm fresh owner of 2007 suburban LT and thinking to buy DVD/NAV unit from eBay and i'm looking for someone , who can install it and make it work for me.
I'm form NJ.

Plz, PM me

Thx.
Old April 26th, 2010, 9:48 PM
CF Active Member

I need a help. I'm about to buy GPS NAVI for bose system (thats what i got) but i'm not sure, if this is will work in my 2007 suburban LT.
GM 15940102
DW468100-5760

Is this will work with my steering wheel buttons ? Is it bluetooth ready ?

Thx
Old April 29th, 2010, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

The Wood trim around the radio and HVAC with the 9 clips HOW DO YOU GET IT OFF???
Please be specific b/c it seems tight and i don't want to scratch the heck out of everything!

THANK YOU
Old May 11th, 2010, 2:56 AM
CF Beginner

Okay I need some help with a nav install. I installed a nav in my 2008 Impala and since the Impala doesn't come with the nav option stock the dealer was not able to program the nav. They wanted me to try to get the VIN from the car that I bought the nav from but there is no way for me to do that. I was wondering if I can get the complete programming procedure from someone. And I was also wondering if the dealer really needs the VIN from the old car to program the nav. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

We installed a Ebay nav tonight and could not get it to program.

We used 2008 chevy monte carlo, NOT 2006. it worked.

Try it

Now my ebay nav ate the nav disc and I can not get it out. New problem

JEFF SMITH
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Camera module

I see a silver box underneath the seat. Is this the module? Its not on the floor but it is under the passanger seat. If this is it do i only need the camera to install to a nav unit?
Old August 20th, 2010, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rear view cam connection problems

I have a problem with a rear view cam connection, maybe anybody knows what to do..
I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe with Denso OEM touch screen Navigation (GM 15940102). Also, I've bought a Rostra 250-8039 rear view cam. It comes without one harness (250-8520, NAVIGATION INTERFACE HARNESS). This harness connects camera's out with the Navi head. Now I can't find this harness anywhere, maybe it's possible to make it or to order somewhere. Unfortunately, Rostra keeps silence.
Old August 29th, 2010, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by greggk
The Wood trim around the radio and HVAC with the 9 clips HOW DO YOU GET IT OFF???
Please be specific b/c it seems tight and i don't want to scratch the heck out of everything!

THANK YOU
I took mine off today to replace the factory radio with a nav radio I purchased off of ebay. I used a small hook tool from stanley (4 pack at walmart -$6.00) to pull the top portion out just enough to get a larger plastic bondo knife behind the trim. It has a total of 9 clips and they are quite difficult. Remove the panel starting at the top right or left and move down towards the bottom evenly pulling the trim from right and left sides. The trim that overlies the radio (appx 1/2 inch) is quite small and could break if you pull from the center. When pulling at the trim, try to keep your fingers beside the clips on the inside of the trim to avoid overly bending the trim. It is quite flexible, but be careful!
Old August 29th, 2010, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Question OEM NAV on 2007 TAHOE LT w/LT3 part# GM 15882766

I just bought an OEM nav unit off of ebay, which was unlocked (didn't show theft-lock when connected). My tahoe didn't come with factory navigation, but has Bose and RES.

The radio powers up and all functions seem to be working perfectly accept the volume control ****/digital pot. The volume is at or what seems to be full-on 100% all the time and will not turn down. Strangely enough, the power on/off function of the volume ****/digital **** works fine. Has anyone had issues with this before? I am taking the tahoe in tomorrow to get my new 2-way remote programmed. Does anyone think that this issue might be fixed by resetting the BIN? or Programming with Tech2/TIS may fix this? If not, does DENSO sell replacement digital volume pots???

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe