Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2009, 6:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring VSS and VCIM for OEM NAV/DVD unit

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
The vss harness is just a wire that goes from the radio to the junction box lower left ip. It is the box by the left foot of the drivers floor board. turn the box around and in the back there are connectors ( I think you are looking for the orange connector).
There are no other modules to buy. You will also need to connect a wire to the VCIM. The VCIM is the onstar module. it is under the radio, below the the a/c. You will need this for voice comands.
You do not need any extra harness its just wires and pins that go into their respective slots. Do you need the connector/wire harness and pins. I can make them and send the pin locations they go to with instructions.

That would be fantastic and I am sure Hossler would appreciate the information as well. The last thing I want to do is fry my entire electrical system. Can you include the VCIM connection information as well?
Old March 8th, 2009, 6:14 PM
CF Junior Member

The vss harness is just a wire that goes from the radio to the junction box lower left ip. It is the box by the left foot of the drivers floor board. turn the box around and in the back there are connectors ( I think you are looking for the orange connector).
There are no other modules to buy. You will also need to connect a wire to the VCIM. The VCIM is the onstar module. it is under the radio, below the the a/c. You will need this for voice comands.
You do not need any extra harness its just wires and pins that go into their respective slots. Do you need the connector/wire harness and pins. I can make them and send the pin locations they go to with instructions.
Charile:

Can you also confirm if I need a seperate GPS antenna for the NAV/DVD unit or does the Onstar GPS antenna provide this information?

Can you also confirm if the RSE A/V inputs will display on the NAV display similtaneously?

Thank you.
Old March 8th, 2009, 7:50 PM
CF Active Member

Default GPS antenna

Originally Posted by MontanaMike
Charile:

Can you also confirm if I need a seperate GPS antenna for the NAV/DVD unit or does the Onstar GPS antenna provide this information?

Can you also confirm if the RSE A/V inputs will display on the NAV display similtaneously?

Thank you.
The gps antenna is a different antenna than xm/onstar. GPS antenna goes inside your dash just to the right of the ambient sensor. You must get GPS antenna inorder for NAV to work. With out it you will not get map to come up and traingulate your location.
If your radio is the RSE (DVD symbol on lower right of radio face), it will display rear seat video on radio until you start to drive.
Old March 9th, 2009, 2:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Default VSS junction box connection

Originally Posted by hossler
I am wondering if any one can help me with the wiring locations of the vss.The black box down by the pedals has a bunch of green and green with white,any way to tell whict is the one?PLEASE HELP!!
This is what i read earlier, but i cant seem to find the thread again. The thread titles was "Can you make heads or tails of this?"

Anyway, it says to look at the back of the junction box located left of the break pedal. Its the only green/wht wire in the bottom big connector. Make sure it goes to connector C4 (brown) pin 5 of the radio.
Old March 9th, 2009, 2:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Default VSS connector, pins and diagram

Charlie:

Are you saying you have these connectors and pins available? I would love it if you could provide them to me and I would be happy to reimburse you. I found the setup on ebay but they wanted $75 bucks. I dont mind paying for something, but I thought that 75 bucks was a bit steep.

Anyway, if you can make them up and send them to me I would be greatly thankful. If you give me your email address I will send you my contact info.

Thanks a million.
Old March 9th, 2009, 1:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Installed

Originally Posted by MontanaMike
This is what i read earlier, but i cant seem to find the thread again. The thread titles was "Can you make heads or tails of this?"

Anyway, it says to look at the back of the junction box located left of the break pedal. Its the only green/wht wire in the bottom big connector. Make sure it goes to connector C4 (brown) pin 5 of the radio.
I got the unit installed over the weekend man with out the help of this thread there is no way i would of done it!! THANKS TO ALL. That location of the green/white wire is where you said it was,one of the tuff things was pulling the on-star box out to plug the vcim part of the harness .i also pluged in to the rca jack FOR (BACK UP CAM) for future us so i don't have to pull the dame trim off again.Know i have the theft lock on my question is now that i am ready to take it to the dealer what do i ask or tell them?
Old March 9th, 2009, 2:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by hossler
I got the unit installed over the weekend man with out the help of this thread there is no way i would of done it!! THANKS TO ALL. That location of the green/white wire is where you said it was,one of the tuff things was pulling the on-star box out to plug the vcim part of the harness .i also pluged in to the rca jack FOR (BACK UP CAM) for future us so i don't have to pull the dame trim off again.Know i have the theft lock on my question is now that i am ready to take it to the dealer what do i ask or tell them?
I have not gotten that far yet. But i have read somewhere in this tread that you need to have them enable the rear cam option as well as have them select non-lux amp if this is your case. You'll know if you have a lux amp if you have the Y91 code on the label in the glove box.
Re-read through this thread and you will see more detail for the programming. Its a hugh thread, but this info will be helpful if you have a GM tech that has never done this before. My GM tech at my local dealership says that he is 85% certain it can be done (reprogram for non-lux) which tells me he has never done it, but may have seen the option to do it in the tech II software.
Old March 9th, 2009, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Hi all,
Where can I find the Nav system, other than Ebay, I want website.

Thank you
Old March 9th, 2009, 8:29 PM
CF Junior Member

www.gmpartsdirect.com
Old March 10th, 2009, 4:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Help

Hey i just got my tahoe back from the dealer well some problems at first the sound was low but as i was turning around the sound kicked in and was good but i still have no signal sound and yes it is bose non y-91 and also in stalled vss.nav seems to work i guess but no voice i can tell it wants to talk cause the sound dims and kicks back in?can some one help me with a good pic or something mybe i screwed up with the wireing the vss?AND my big problem is i bought the unit #15940102(o7 tahoe LT with rear dvd and bose) from e-bay the guy said it was new but it wasn't it looked like it was in nice shape ,but it won't take cd/dvd i don.t know if i am doing something wrong but when i go to put the disk in you can here the thing wants to take it but won,t i even tryed pushing it in as far as i could. My wife and kids are not happy with me.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe