Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2009, 8:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ????????

I would like to know if a guy were to take out the factory deck and put in a nav unit just to power it up to check if the thing works when you go to reinstall the deck will it lock? (theft-lock) reason being not quit ready for the real install
Old March 5th, 2009, 7:29 AM
CF Active Member

If radio is not programed to vehicle and you connect the radio it will verify the vin it already knows and see they do not match and lock it self. If radio is reinstalled in correct vehicle it will unlock when it reads the correct vin, usually when you turn ignition on.
Old March 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default dvd/nav non bose

I have uq3. What do think would be the next step?
Old March 5th, 2009, 8:47 PM
CF Junior Member

I am looking at buying a kenwood ccd-2000 back up camera you think that is ok? I can buy one out here for around $250.00 canadian
Old March 5th, 2009, 8:48 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by dac44444
I have uq3. What do think would be the next step?
If you have UQ3, then your vehicle is non-amplified. The only way to add a GM NAV is to add either, the OE GM amp or add an aftermarket amp. I personally think the aftermarket is easier and cheaper. I have used Zapco amps and aslo used MTX amps.
Do you have any rear audio controls (for headphone jacks) usually only comes in vehicles with bucket seats.
Old March 6th, 2009, 1:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Default NAV unit reprogram and unlocking

Charile:

Please confirm if NAV unit out (15940102) of a 2007 Denali which was equiped with a Bose Lux system can be reprogramed for a UQA equiped 2007 Tahoe with rear audio and roof LCD. If not, does anyone have the part number for the NAV unit which I can plug and play?

Also, does a dealership usually unlock the theft-lock without any fuss??

Thanks.
Old March 6th, 2009, 5:37 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by MontanaMike
Charile:

Please confirm if NAV unit out (15940102) of a 2007 Denali which was equiped with a Bose Lux system can be reprogramed for a UQA equiped 2007 Tahoe with rear audio and roof LCD. If not, does anyone have the part number for the NAV unit which I can plug and play?

Also, does a dealership usually unlock the theft-lock without any fuss??

Thanks.
The nav radio must have the DVD symbol in the lower front of the radio in order for it to play dvd's for rear seat entertainment other than that it should program. If it does not have DVD symbol in front of radio it cannot play movie's therfore will not show video for rear seat roof mount monitor.
Old March 7th, 2009, 7:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Installing OEM Nav into 2007 Tahoe LTZ

Okay. So I purchased the 15940102 NAV unit from a guy on craigslist. Paid $750 and it comes with NAV disc. I hope I got a good deal on it.
I plan to install it in my Tahoe which is equiped with rear entertainment system, non-lux amp (non-Y91), Onstar, roof mount LCD.
At this point I understand that I need to have the unit reprogrammed for non-lux amp (per Charlie Pachanga and confirmed by local dealer service department) and unlocked. I assume I will need a GPS antenna, but am wondering if the Onstar GPS antenna will somehow interface with the NAV unit?

Where I am confused is: I understand that the VSS is the vehicle speed sensor, but what is the VSS harness? I will guess that the VSS harness is needed to connect the NAV unit to the existing VSS. I think this is needed to gain with voice recognition or voice commands??? I would like this feature so do I need anything other than the VSS wiring harness (ebay $75) or do I also need a seperate VSS or some other module that this harness connects to? Sure wish JP Customs was still around!!

At this point I am not expecting to add a rear cam, but I might use the aux input on the GEN5 for an after market cam.

Can Charlie or anyone else enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.
Old March 7th, 2009, 8:59 PM
CF Active Member

Default VSS harness, VCIM harness

Originally Posted by MontanaMike
Where I am confused is: I understand that the VSS is the vehicle speed sensor, but what is the VSS harness? I will guess that the VSS harness is needed to connect the NAV unit to the existing VSS. I think this is needed to gain with voice recognition or voice commands??? I would like this feature so do I need anything other than the VSS wiring harness (ebay $75) or do I also need a seperate VSS or some other module that this harness connects to? Sure wish JP Customs was still around!!

At this point I am not expecting to add a rear cam, but I might use the aux input on the GEN5 for an after market cam.

Can Charlie or anyone else enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.
The vss harness is just a wire that goes from the radio to the junction box lower left ip. It is the box by the left foot of the drivers floor board. turn the box around and in the back there are connectors ( I think you are looking for the orange connector).
There are no other modules to buy. You will also need to connect a wire to the VCIM. The VCIM is the onstar module. it is under the radio, below the the a/c. You will need this for voice comands.
You do not need any extra harness its just wires and pins that go into their respective slots. Do you need the connector/wire harness and pins. I can make them and send the pin locations they go to with instructions.
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

I am wondering if any one can help me with the wiring locations of the vss.The black box down by the pedals has a bunch of green and green with white,any way to tell whict is the one?PLEASE HELP!!

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe