Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2009, 5:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hossler
Hey i just got my tahoe back from the dealer well some problems at first the sound was low but as i was turning around the sound kicked in and was good but i still have no signal sound and yes it is bose non y-91 and also in stalled vss.nav seems to work i guess but no voice i can tell it wants to talk cause the sound dims and kicks back in?can some one help me with a good pic or something mybe i screwed up with the wireing the vss?AND my big problem is i bought the unit #15940102(o7 tahoe LT with rear dvd and bose) from e-bay the guy said it was new but it wasn't it looked like it was in nice shape ,but it won't take cd/dvd i don.t know if i am doing something wrong but when i go to put the disk in you can here the thing wants to take it but won,t i even tryed pushing it in as far as i could. My wife and kids are not happy with me.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. As I mentioned, I have yet to start my installation and plan to this weekend so I cant be of much help. It sounds to me that the load drive has malfunctioned. I dont think any of the installation work would affect this, unless you dropped it. In other words you may have received a bunk unit. Make sure the disc you are trying is does not have a custom label or stickers etc. I assume you tried to use different discs?
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Thanks montana

Originally Posted by MontanaMike
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. As I mentioned, I have yet to start my installation and plan to this weekend so I cant be of much help. It sounds to me that the load drive has malfunctioned. I dont think any of the installation work would affect this, unless you dropped it. In other words you may have received a bunk unit. Make sure the disc you are trying is does not have a custom label or stickers etc. I assume you tried to use different discs?
Yeh i have tryed all kind of disk no go.Good luck on the install just watch for the dame onstar box it is a pain its not bolted down it fits in some kind of tray,so you just have to pry it up.check this link out=http://home.earthlink.net/~genestoy/kenwood/nav.doc let me know if you used it.
Old March 11th, 2009, 3:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Frustrated

HELP PLEASE like i said before i got the the head unit tech-2ed i thought the problem with my sound magicly went away but nooo the dame thing is still giving me problems.I have no signal light sound or cherping when keys left in ign.Also low voluem but some times just the radio volume works fine nav part seem ok.I talked to BIG ED'S in PHINOX and he refured me to some guy in California so i talked to him and he figers it;s something to do with the tech 2 programing so off i go back to the dealer and we will see what happens.cross my finger/toes.
P.S. my dvd/cd still won't work it just doesn't want to pull in the disk you can here the thing?
Old March 11th, 2009, 5:02 PM
CF Active Member

Default Nav reprograming

The tech needs to program radio using the RPO codes from your glove box. He should be able to pull RPO codes from GM's web site if there is any questions. Either it is Y91 (Lux amplified) or Non Y91 (non lux-amplified). Just make sure you don't have UQ3 (non amplified).
Old March 11th, 2009, 9:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Hey Charlie

Did you get my last message to you. You can email me at mparity@gmail.com if you did.
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Thanks Charlie

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
The tech needs to program radio using the RPO codes from your glove box. He should be able to pull RPO codes from GM's web site if there is any questions. Either it is Y91 (Lux amplified) or Non Y91 (non lux-amplified). Just make sure you don't have UQ3 (non amplified).
So even tough i have bose it could still been non amp? Like some time when i switch on or off the off road option on the nav. the sound come back first you will hear like a staticy sound then it starts working but still no signal or chime sound?But when i shut the truck off back to having low sound again?
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Please help me charlie

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
Gm has changed the software programing options. As a tech we can no longer program a Nav radio for non amplified. The radio must be non-amplified, or amplified. If you have UQA option in your glove box then it is amplified (regular non lux), If you have UQA with Y91 it is Lux amplified, If you do not have UQA but have UQ3 then it is not amplified.
If your vehicle is not amplifed (UQ3) then the NAV radio with RSE (rear seat video output) and Dolby Digital DTS on the lower right front face of the radio, can be unlocked but you will only hear a very low volume of sound. Sound can be controled but it will be very low. You can always add an aftermarket amp to compensate for the low volume issue. The factory amps are always on when the vehicle is on.
Those of you who have a Tahoe/Silverado/Avalanche or Suburban with amplified try the following.
Turn of your radio while you are driving real slow or parked, turn off ac/heater blower and listen to the slight hiss comming from the speakers (drivers tweeter is closest) and you will also hear a slight engine whine from the speakers. The engine whine is usually louder when you are putting an etreme load on the charging system. The amps seem to be on at all times thekey ison so there is no amp turn on delay if Onstar is needed.
Hey Charle i do have a UQA w/o y-91 so i am amped know i talked to the dealer and they are saying they did everything (yeh i am sure they did) and threting me with paying them agian. So what can i tell them I know i am going to demaned to talk to the tec caues the last time they wouldn't what can i do to make sure the tec is doing the program the right way?Oh and the other thing do you know who/where i can get my dvd/cd to work who repairs the factory DENSO p#15940102
Old March 12th, 2009, 9:08 PM
CF Active Member

They can get a list of the programing for the radio that they loaded. IF you have UAQ without Y91 then your vehicle is amplified, just non lux. The NAV radio can only work with amplified systems and it must have an amplifier. On lux settings the remote turn on and chimes are transmitted to the amplified thru the lan bus network.
On nun lux settings the radio tranmittes the chime and onstar thru the audio low level signal to the amp (amps input).
Old March 13th, 2009, 9:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Default GM Plugs and Connectors (Part Numbers)

Does anyone have the part numbers for the connectors on the back of the OEM NAV/DVD head unit (#s 15940102-25797978-15882766) for a 2007 Tahoe. Also looking for the part numebr for the plug that goes into the onstar box.

Basically I am trying to make my on VSS harness as well as the VCIM harness. Thanks.
Old March 15th, 2009, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default voice commands w/ NAV

Hi- I got my Unit installed in my 08 Sierra(w/ Bose). Everything works w/ the exception of the voice commands on the NAV. I made sure theVoice command is active through the menu on the unit.. I assumed that this should work fine since I have Onstar..Is there something else Im missing? thanks

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe