Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Sounds like you did not ground the amp properly. Make sure you brush off the paint where you grounded it to and make a true metal to metal contact. If that dosen't work then let me know.
Old April 26th, 2008, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Hello all, this is a fantastic forum. I read the threads and installed a nav unit (15882767) in my 07 tahoe LT2. I attached the GPS antenna (15201798) and everything worked, as I got the TheftLock message. I took the truck to the dealer and the computer rejects being programmed because of the truck not being compatible (whatever). Was I premature on the programming, as I haven't installed the kit from JPCustoms, or is there something the tech isn't doing right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the tech guy told me that I had UQ3 not UQ4 speakers. The tech II rejects the program because the truck is not supposed to recieve this kind of unit and GM won't allow him to request a password as they have stated techs should be hands off with reprogramming swapped nav radios. My truck had a six-disk changer, front bucket seats, rear radio controls(attached to the back of the center console, no DVD or screen) and A/C controls. No bose badging on the speakers, the radio,or the tweeters on the A pillars. Nowhere that I know. I am at a loss.

I need to know what do I need to buy, tell the tech, or add to make this work.

Thanks in advance.
Old April 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

I seem to remember somewhere in this thread that it was a VIN related problem as your VIN doesn't show a Nav with it. I think Dave can help you tho.
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Quick question i just ordered the jp customs nav kit and the jp customs non bose 4 channel wirehttp://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17615&cat=307&page=1
I was wondering if you HAD to have a 4 channel to have your nav unit powered right or could i use a 2 channel amp? and what if i already have an amp and subs installed? let me know cause im going to purchasethis real cheapamp for 45 dollas from here http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17594
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

yo william pick up these parts. you need to install an aftermarket amp as you dont have the bose one.
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...307&page=1
and
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...359&page=1
Old May 5th, 2008, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, a little different vehicle, but essentially the same thing, 03 Hummer H2, simply a Tahoe on Steriods. Factory nav was not available till 04. My truck has the Bose option. Bought a unit from an 04 H2 on eBay, came with the GPS antenna and Nav disc. Installation was very straight forward, 2 black plug ins, 1 gps antenna plug plus 1 tuner antenna plug. Nice and easy. Turned it on and of course it says THEFT LOCK ACTIVATED. Took it to my local GM dealer and they are a bunch of schmucks. Telling me it wont work because it was not available with nav till 04 and I told them to please just remove the theft lock and let me worry about it. So they took it in and after about an hour of waiting in the waiting room, he came out and said they couldnt remove it, something about a VIN number being stored in the unit and he didnt know how to change it, would call someone somewhere the next day and call me back. So I called them today and they told me I could bring it back but since its considered and aftermarket deal, I would be charged straight diagnosis time because they have to fiddle with it and see if they can get it to work, no guarantees. This is ridiculous. I have to pay them to teach them how to do their job. Does anyone know the procedure that the tech has to follow to do this??? I found this link on another forum,

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...html#msg702956

but I read the post #1 on here and the instructions are different. Any help would be great.
Old May 11th, 2008, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so i got everything i need for the nav non bose hook up. i got the vss harness but it didnt come with the voice wires.. anyone know where i can get them from? or can i just go to the dealership and ask them to get the wire for me?
Old May 12th, 2008, 2:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Treyd45, I got mine off ebay. Go to ebay and type in gm navigation. You will see the complete set come up (I mean the vss wire and the voice wires). Email the guy from there and see if he can just sell you the voice wires. Also, are you having any problems with your interface hookup? I have everything hooked up, but when i plug my rcas in i get a high pitch whine from the speakers. Any suggestions? Also when you hooked up your amp, did you run wires from the amp to each speaker, or did you run wires to the speaker outs behind the head unit? If you ran them to the speaker outs behind the head unit, did you tap into the wires before or after the interface?
Old May 12th, 2008, 2:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Better yet, click on this link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...spagenameZWDVW
Old May 12th, 2008, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Have 2008 GMC Sierra new style. Just installedused nav unit bought off ebay. Got antenna, jp customs kit for VSS and onstar and installed. Works great but sound is on max volume and no volume control. Seen other threads mention this problem but no answers. Volume is too loud on everything to even test what else works or doesn't. I do have bose system and volume control on the steering wheel. Also noticed tone, balance, fadar etc.., does not work either. help please?

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe