Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2008, 8:10 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Take some pics as you do the install. One pic = 1,000 words.
Old June 1st, 2008, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All,

First Off just wanted to say hello. This is a great place with some great info. I have been reading over this thread for the last hour as I have an 08 Tahoe w/o nav or bose option. I just recived my "102" head unit today. I just wanted to check a couple things.

I have ordered-
-JP Customs VSS/Cam Kit
-2007+ Bose & Non-Bose Amp Interface #AOEM-GM1416
-Factory GPS antenna

I am not interested in the voice command so I am not going to interconnect through onstar.
Are these the only parts I will need for complete install? Also, are there any complete TECH II instructions top bring to the dealer, or will they know what to do?

Thanks!
Jon
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

I need help too, I have a 2008 Yukon, non-Bose truck vin# 1GKFK13058J116441. I have put in a Gm # 25834072 Nav radio, JP Customs VSS wire, GM Nav antenna. I took it to both Behlmann GMC in STL, MO, $67 unlock fee and Bob Brockland GMC in Cahokia, IL $150 labor, and they were able to unlock the theft lock, Nav works great but still no sound, absolutely none, no AC voltage at the speaker outs at all. There is an aftermarket amp installed, and I am M.E.C.P. (mobile electronics certification program) certified in car stereo installation, and have been in this line of work as a master installer for 15 years, so there's no problems with the amp install. The dealer had called the tech line Friday and they didn't even give him the option of calling to get a new vis #, we think that the previous dealer messed up on something regarding the programming. They (GM tech support) even threatened to void any future electrical warranty issues. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brian
Old June 15th, 2008, 2:01 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Someone here should be able to help.
Old August 11th, 2008, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

Hi guys, I am new to this site but it looks look a good one. I just bought an 07 Suburban LTZ with factory nav and dvd but no camera. I have been reading some of the messages and most of them are about installing the nav. I looked under the seat and did not see a silver box. So I guessI need the camera, module and wiring harness. Does anyone know how much work this will be? I got the camera # from this forum but I need the module # and wiring # if anyone has them. If you know the approx prices that would be great too. Thanks Al
Old August 11th, 2008, 8:32 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Try searching on this forum.

Might get more responses if start as a new thread.
Old August 19th, 2008, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Does it matter which Navigation antenna you buy? I have purchased Nav unit# 25797978 and have seen antenna #'s 15201798 & 15135178...Thanks
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

I just completed installing a brand new nav unit in my '07 LTZ and everything works, however, even thoughthe unitwas new and unlocked, shouldn't I still have my dealer reprogram the computer? The reason I ask, is because when I push the "voice" button, it goes right to Onstar, rather then the 'one beep' for the Nav voice recognition. It seems as though this would be required, because how else would the truck know that it now has the voice ready nav unit installed? BTW, i did use the VSS and Voice harness for the install. TIA
Old August 24th, 2008, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and I've been reading posts about all sorts of topics. I'm very impressed with the knowledge being passed around here. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. I just purchased a new Navigation system for my 08 Sierra. It is a non Bose system and it appears to be a straight installation with one exception. The system came with a black wire harness with 3 wires in it. The part number is 19202083 REV-1. Since I do not have the instruction sheet on the installation, I do not know where these 3 wires plug in. Their colors are Purple, Gray, and a non insulated stranded wire I'm assuming is ground. If they do plug into the radio, there's nothing on the back side of the radio that designates even the connectors let alone the pin outs.

On one side of the harness the designation tags are as follows: Non insulated Cavity C12, Purple Cavity C11, Gray Cavity C10 and the other side of the harness, the designation tags are as follows:non insulated ConnJ4 Cav 15, Purple, ConnJ4 Cav8, and Gray ConnJ4 Cav15

If anyone could shed a little light about this harness, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Dennis
Old September 20th, 2008, 3:22 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, so if I pickup a new tahoe without the sat nav, and buy one on ebay, EVERYTHING will work 100% like it would factory? I don't care about the reverse camera...

I'm having a heck of a time finding the Z71 I want with sat nav...

If I can add that later, and be sure it would work the same as if it came with it, then it would be easier...

thanks!

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe