Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2007, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Thanks to everyone on this forum I was able to install the Nav unit in my LT1 without bose. Mkinders setup with the amp in the back works great.

I also added a 10" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer (Pioneer TS-SW2541D) inside the center console. If you dont have a stock sub and dont want to take up alot of room in your tahoe I highly recommend the 10 in the console. You cant see at all, but it sure makes a huge difference in sound. (You will have to cut alot of useless plastic out of the console in order for it to fit.
Old July 27th, 2007, 3:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work...any pics of the work in progress?
Old July 28th, 2007, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

I have a few quick questions for the forum... I have a 15940102 head unit that I got off ebay and I'm getting ready to install. I don’t have onstar or a Bose system. I called JP customs for the wiring harness and they tell me that without a Bose system I will need an aftermarket amp - (which seems consistent with what I read here) and that voice recognition will not work.

If anyone could confirmthis or share their experience on an install with just base options I would appreciate it.

Also, I have the TheftLock screen. I assume that no functions, not even eject to put the Nav disk in,will work in this mode? Also will the door chime issue be resolved once the Nav is flashed?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old July 30th, 2007, 8:44 AM
syd
CF Beginner

Default How to install rear back-up camera 2007 suburban LT3 with NAV and rear parking assist

Can anyone tell us if we can add the rear back up camera for parking to a loaded LT3? We have not yet bought the truck but would like to but b/c of small grandchildren and dogs we really want the camera option. The truck does have navi and bose and buckets and rear assist for parking. I also has the rear dvd.
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Bad News!!!

JP custom has stopped selling the wire harness for the voice recognition! Any suggestion? Anyone have one for sale?
Please help..[/align]
autopromo@***.net

Thanks

Scott
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:11 AM
CF Junior Member

WTF, did they tell you why?? that sucks

anyone else confirm this
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Just called this morning...
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

I installed the 102 unit in my non bose tahoe. If you buy a lockpick you dont need the wireing harness for turn by turn nav or for the voice recognition.

I just spliced the correct wires on the lockpick wireing harness. I'll try to take some pics today when I work on it again.
Old August 5th, 2007, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Hi I'm a new member I just installed navi h/u 15940102 into my 07 lt1 avalanche non bose,went to dealer to program unit into my truck gave instructions direct from this forum on how to program onto truck and they could not program ,they said they were getting error codes and my truck would not accept this unit I had bought unit from ebay and I don't know what to think if navi is defective or guy didn't know what he was doing very frustrated. Dealer said they would have to call GM on monday to find out about this problem fromtech crew. The screen was blue with theftlock onit I thought this was the way it should look once I installed radio/navi, please help someone, on top of that I still had to pay dealer for working on my truck 85 bucks what a ripoff.
Old August 9th, 2007, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

I got turn by turn and voice prompts working without the JPCustoms adaptors using a lockpick harness instead.

I just hooked up the speed sensor wire and the wires for voice prompts just by looking at the thread https://chevroletforum.com/m_15129/tm.htm

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe