Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2007, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Do anyone know where i can purchase the factory nav system from. I bought the 2007 LS, but now I want the NAV
Old June 24th, 2007, 12:56 AM
CF Beginner

followed the instructions on this forum and i was able to get everything installed and working great... you guys are great
Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:36 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: pat130

help with the voice rec. problem --- the on star works great but the navigation system doesn't have voice reconization. states no voice detected. i called J.P. Customs and they advised they use to sell something to fix this but they don't anymore ---- they gave me another business to contact and i did so. They advised that there is no fix to this --- and i will not have voice reconization with the navigation system.

ANY one have any idea if this is correct?

thanks
can anyone else confirm this?? that would suck if they stop making that part,
ALSO

Anyone have a place where i can purshcase a NAV unit (w\DVD)??.... Besides ebay
so if the NAV is a new unit, you wont neeed to get it programed by your dealer, only if it was used or pulled from another car??
Old July 4th, 2007, 9:55 AM
CF Junior Member

You will need tech-2 no matter what.

Matt
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM
CF Junior Member

So... Success on my 2007 Hoe Non Bose. I installed the 102 unit and also the OEM-1 for adding an amp. All is good... Actually sounds much better than stock non bose. I used a Blaupunkt 750 watt. There is a great mounting spot under the side cover where the jack is stored. It is kinda a bear getting the speaker leads up to the front by the HU, but splitting the power feed down one side and teh speaker and RCA to the other is the ticket. Dave, I have the OEM flip down and still need to get the harness from HU to Rear Flip down... My parts guy COULD NOT find this harness... So I am stuck until i get that cable. If anyone has any questions about the non Bose. I am happy to help.

Matt
Old July 20th, 2007, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 Equinox and picked up a head unit (15940102) at a pretty reasonable price. Question is... does anyone know if this can be fitted to my vehicle? TheNavigation systemoffered as an option for the Equinox and this one appear eactly the same with the exception of the silver front bezel vs. black, otherwise all else is the same. How many different ones do you think GM would contract to have made for similar trucks....? I'm hoping not that many.

Anyway, anything anyone knows would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

mkinder,

Where did you hook up the power for your amp? Also what are you using for the remote vss wire so it powers off when the car is off?

Is there a special audio connector that the amp uses to plug into everything or do you convert everything to RCA jacks?

Thanks
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM
CF Active Member

The power cable should be ran through your firewall and connected to the battery post. Make sure you have an external fuse in the line somewhere close to the battery (easy to change when you pop it). Be sure to get an amp kit that has that...much easier. The ground can be attached to pretty well anywhere that will give you a good place to connect. Use a wire brush and grind away a little at the covering over the metal to ensure a good solid ground. The remote wire can be connected to a few different places, but the easiest might be to the ignition. Key in, amp on; key out, amp off.

Use the RCA's to converty everything. You may need to purchase a wiring harness to connect your deck (if aftermarket) to the factory wiring. Be sure to make good tight connections and buy the little crimp ends if possible.
Old July 21st, 2007, 10:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Here are the answers to your questions....

First thing you have to understand is that if you have a rig WITHOUT bose stock system, you don't have an amp and the NAV unit will work but sound very quiet. You will need to buy this.

PAC OEM-2 about 30 - 40 bucks....

This unit goes directly behind the NAV when installing and the factory plugs mate with the plugs on this guy. This is where the 2 pairs of RCA's from the amp run to. This guys also has the "blue AMP remote power" line. (It tells the amp unit to power on at key up). There is room behind the NAV for this to fit, (carefully).

The AMP... I looked around this entire vehicle. I think the best spot to mount an AMP so it is out of the way and also has some air to breath is under the panel where the jack is mounted (left side rear from back of unit).. here...

So after mounting.. You will need to run from the amp to the HU (PAC OEM-2) with the RCA's and also need to do one of two things. 1 - run home runs for the speakers to the PAC device or home runs to the speakers themselves from the AMP. I ran to the HU. You will want to run your speaker leads on one side of the truck under the kick panels on the floor and the main power up the other side to avoid and noise in the system (very important in any audio install).

Power.. Like GIX said, to the main power.. I did not go directly to the battery.. This truck has an AUX main power,always hot master on the break out box under the hood... It is perfect.

Also like GIX says .. You must have a killer fuse and easy to get to...

Through the firewall for sure... Be very careful if you choose this spot for entry... It is perfect but there are lots of important wires, also use wire lube (small amount) on boot.

Of course you will want to replace the speaks .... I used Boston SPZ60's .. They don't sound like crap..

I think that answers your questions.... Hope it helps..

With Daves help I am almost ready to install teh OEM flip down screen for rear DVD viewing..
I will post once i get it done...

Hope you have good luck and let me know if you hit a snag, maybe i can help...

Matt
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Oh yea... You asked about the ground too...

Here is a VERY clean spot and also solid... That is if you choose the same spot for AMP as I did.

Where ever you mount the ground.. Be sure to remove ALL of the paint from that area..

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe