Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Here is a link with lots of pics for a guy that installed an aftermarket nav system, but it shows some of what needs to be done. He also never says or shows anything about the A pillars, that is why I was confused.

http://www.cadillacintegration.com/2...o_Install.html
Old February 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, thought you were being sarcastic! Yes, youput the A-Pillars back on and make sure to plug the bose tweets back up. Taking the A-Pillars off allow you to remove the top dash panel next to the windshield. That is where you mount the navigation antenna!

However, thinking back on the antenna install!!!!!!! I followed the instructions of someone else's post. I dont seem to remember needing to remove the a pillars to take the panel top dash panel off. The only reason I can see that you would need to remove them is to make it easier/more room to get the panel out! Skipping the A-Pillar steps may be possible!
Old February 20th, 2007, 8:23 PM
CF Active Member

OK I got the nav unit today part number 15940103 which is the newer 15882767 unit for the nav without the rear seat dvd. I am being told that I will also need some kind of harness because my 07 does not have the rear dvd but does have Onstar??? Is this correct? I thought it was more or less plug & play after being flashed at the dealer? I do have the Bose with the 9 speaker system upgrade.
Thanks for any help
Old February 20th, 2007, 9:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: genestoy

Here is a link with lots of pics for a guy that installed an aftermarket nav system, but it shows some of what needs to be done. He also never says or shows anything about the A pillars, that is why I was confused.

http://www.cadillacintegration.com/2...o_Install.html
You don't need to take off the A pillar trim. If you pop up that dash trim (with the round light sensor) from the middle first there is enough flex to pull it out from under the right A pillar trim. You don't even need to fully remove the dash piece. That's how I did mine.
Old February 20th, 2007, 9:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: genestoy

OK I got the nav unit today part number 15940103 which is the newer 15882767 unit for the nav without the rear seat dvd. I am being told that I will also need some kind of harness because my 07 does not have the rear dvd but does have Onstar??? Is this correct? I thought it was more or less plug & play after being flashed at the dealer? I do have the Bose with the 9 speaker system upgrade.
Thanks for any help
You need to addone wire for VSS in the C4 connector (you will need the connector), and two to the C1 connector (Voice command to the Onstar box) assuming the new NAV unit is the same connector config as the older Denso66 & 67 units. research this thread for what to get from JP customs. You can also review the thread titled "can you make heads or tails out of this"
Old February 21st, 2007, 9:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, that guy is me. I never take pillars off. gm manual will tell you that, but you don't have to. when you lift that panel up there will be a big enough gap to insert antenna. that's all
Old February 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM
CF Active Member

In case anyone is interested JP Customs now charges $35 for the connector kit and $8 to ship it for a total of $43
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:32 PM
CF Addict

I went out to mess with my onstar wires for the voice commands. I unplugged every harness in the back of the HU. I get it all done plug it back up and everything works, BUT the damn clock. I go into set it and it when I push the hours/minutes it never shows anything on the screen. There are NO numbers there. Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Is there a wire for this that might be messed up? Is it something internally on the HU? Or does it just take a while for it to work. I dont ever recall having to reset the clock after unplugging everything on the HU and pluggin it back up? GRRRRR, what could this be? Anyone?
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:59 PM
CF Addict

Some pics of the issue!

Old February 24th, 2007, 7:44 PM
CF Addict

This is crazy! I tried everything, and listen to the cure! Uninstalled everything from the HU again. I took the neg bat cable off, everything. Plugged it back up nothing still no working clock.

SO, I have tried everything, I THOUGHT. I hit the audio button, I adjust the bass one notch DOWN! THe radio all the sudden at least doubles in volume!!!!! I was like WTF! So then, I mess with a few more settings! DOnt know why, but it like WOKE something up!

I go back to the clock and sure enough it programmed right up? What the heck is up with the radio's in these things. HOw did adjusting the bass DOWN one notch cause my entire radio to double in volume. It added a lot more bass and the volume all of the sudden sounded amplified?

Oh well it all works, just strange how adjusting the bass down fixed everything!

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe