Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2007, 8:27 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

I have compiled a complete document for a "How To" of my install, you can download it here if you wish: http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egenestoy/kenwood/nav.doc

Last edited by genestoy; March 10th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old February 26th, 2007, 8:32 PM
CF Active Member

Now for the issues -- after the install was completed and the Yukon started the blue nav screen displayed the "Theft Lock" in the middle of the screen (which I understand is normal until my dealer flashes the computer), but some strange things occured 1) the ding ding ding when the key is left in the ignition stopped working 2) the horn no longer chirps when clicking the remote twice to lock the doors. That is all I have noticed so far and also every other start of the car a GMC logo and a row of buttons is briefly displayed on the nav screen before it changes to the Theft Lock screen. I am hoping that when the radio is flashed all will return to normal? Anyone have these issues?
Thanks
Old February 26th, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job on the install, and the step by step photos! NICE! I am not sure about your issues! I hope the tech 2 on your HU solves the problem.

What I want to know is if you twisted the black/red wires from the onstar to pins 4 & 5 on the C1. I got the same set up from JP customs and have a whinning sound now that is consistent with the gas peddle. After you get it tech2 programmed please let me know if you hear this whinning! I am trying to get this issue resolved. Currently the resolution has been to pull the c3 out of the onstar and forget about the crappy voice commands!
Old February 26th, 2007, 8:50 PM
CF Active Member

No, I did not twist the wires from the Onstar box, although I was going to, I forgot! I get it programmed this Weds at the same time my dealer is installing my LED turn signal - pwr folding mirrors. Hope all goes well!
Thanks
Old February 28th, 2007, 5:25 PM
CF Active Member

Just returned from my 200 mile round trip to my selling dealer to have the power folding/turn signal mirrors installed and the nav radio flashed and am happy to report all went well! Everything is back to normal and the nav is a neat unit and I have zero whine or buzzing from it and as I indicated before I did not twist the wires, so I must have got lucky! I also installed the newest nav radio #15940103 and they may have fixed this issue with it I don't know. Was the first mirror install and nav flash the shop had done as it is a small dealer, but they had the whole job done in less than 3 hours!
Old February 28th, 2007, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in a post from ZX1100F1
"3. There are issues with Voice recognition and Voice commands that require a custom wire adapter (jpcustoms has this item). "

I installed a nav unit in my 07 ltz and i have problems with voice recognition and voice commands
do i need this adapter? what is the part number from jp customs? about how much does it cost?
is it easy to install? any information would be helpful. thanks
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Mag
CF Beginner

Genestoy- The install of the nav system was pretty easy and the pictures were a huge help.

Biglg- I too have noticed a whining noise associated with the pedal and speed. I suspect that this is feedback from the VSS. I believe the T-tap in the VSS connector is causing the whine.

Any ideas?
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mag,
The whinning isnt from the VSS wire. It is from the Onstar connector you added with the 2 wires that go into pins 4 &5 in the C1 harness on the back of your radio. I just pulled the c3 connector back out of the onstar box and the whinning is now gone!!!
Old March 9th, 2007, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Dave,

I have a 2007 avalanche, non-bose. I have installed a oem head unit (part number ending 102) dvd/navigation. I also installed an after market camera. I took it to the dealer and he could not match the head unit number to his list for the Nav/DVD, so he choose them NAV/Radio.

The navigation works, the radio works, the dvd even will play a movie. But the sound is very low and the door chimes do not work. Do I need to install a new amp or is the programming wrong?

-mark
Old March 10th, 2007, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone know if 15933133 or 15940102 will work as a nav unit for 2007 tahoe with bose??

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe