Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nitiv
Any good aftermarket recommendations out there ----
rosen from me.
Old June 9th, 2011, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EdDean67
I just bought a 07 3LT with nav and rear seat entertaiment. Can a dealer install the rear back-up camera?
yes you can get it from a dealership or you can buy one from ebay where it cost you less.
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
CF Active Member

to be honest, u better see, how much will cost u whole setup. I paid for my rosen unit 700 bucks. It;s actory look, No dealer programing necessary, Coming with BT, NAVI and DVD works in drive mode, back up camera plug n play (30 bucks on ebay) + additional camera, USB, SD card reader, iPod - iPhone plug in, over head unit, bose or non bose ...

I spent some time with OEM unit and after time and amount money i wasted, i just sold it and bought rosen. Looks better, works better, and gives you a more options
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by lounstx
Hi, I'm new to this forum and can't find anything directly related to this so if it's out there I apologize for missing it. The dealer installed a GM navigation in my 2011 Traverse. It is a 1LT with RSE and backup camera. It seems that there is no way to get XM traffic to communicate with the navigation unit. Do any of you have any ideas? I'm told that it cannot because the system was not installed at the factory. Any help would be appreciated.
you need to get the different XM receiver that includes traffic. its a different CODE. The change took me 5 minutes (its behind the glove box, attached by a clip) no programming is necessary. They NAV unit will see the traffic stream from the new receiver and display it.
Old July 16th, 2011, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the idea. Where can I get this unit and do you know the part number?
Old September 6th, 2011, 2:57 PM
CF Active Member

Just goto the dealer and tell them you need the XM receiver WITH traffic. The CODE is UBS and the Part# is 15945676
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:01 AM
CF Junior Member

You can order it online and its probably cheaper than the local stealership. Try ebay or I usually use chevy parts to get my gm parts from. I searched for that part # and it looks to be about 140 bucks.
Old October 24th, 2011, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

I have a quick question I am doing this swap in my 07 tahoe ltz bose rear dvd no navigation my question is do I have to add a vss wire or is it already in the harness and if I do is there a parts number for the wire any help is appreciated
Old October 25th, 2011, 5:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you need to install the vss wire, about the part # I don't know but here's a link to the part NEW CHEVY TAHOE SUBURBAN GMC SIERRA YUKON DENALI NAVIGATION VSS WIRING HARNESS | eBay
it is the same one I got and for the antenna Chevy GMC Silverado Sierra Tahoe GPS Navigation Antenna OEM GM (C84-3z)(Qty 1) | eBay
let me know if you have any questions
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Help

I just installed my oem navigation. In my 2007 chevy avalanche now my tempature sensor in the rear view mirrior shows an inaccurate reading. Also the head lights are always on and no turn by turn. What did I do wrong?

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe