Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help

I just installed my oem navigation. In my 2007 chevy avalanche now my tempature sensor in the rear view mirrior shows an inaccurate reading. Also the head lights are always on and no turn by turn. What did I do wrong?
Old November 15th, 2011, 9:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry bro you are on your own
I did a lot of reading before I installed my head unit and I never herd of that before!!!!!!
who did the install and the programing?
Old November 26th, 2011, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

The guy I bought it from on eBay programed it.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

do you know from where i can get a stock navigation system for a 2012 tahoe for cheap
Old February 23rd, 2012, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

There is one on ebay, but it is not cheap, 1500.00. Just so you know the 2012's have different wiring plugs and you cannot use one from 2011 or older from what I am told.
Old February 24th, 2012, 5:05 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by basil562
do you know from where i can get a stock navigation system for a 2012 tahoe for cheap
A better option is to get an aftermarket nav (Garmin based). Probably won't cost any more and will work a helluva lot better.
Old February 25th, 2012, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have an 08 Tahoe with an after market pioneer radio.... Every couple days the whole radio powers off and the only way to get it back on is to pop the hood and pull the fuse to reset the whole thing. I had it installed by the dealer.... Is this a problem with the radio, truck or wireing???? Just really annoying please help if you have heard of this before! Thanks
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

I recently purchased a used 2010 Tahoe w/ bose and nav from my local Chevy Dealership. I feel that the dealership is jerking me around regarding the bluetooth feature not working. Here is the play by play on what I have going on.

--------------------

Dealership gave instructions on setting up bluetooth. When I hold the phone button it beeps and I say Bluetooth, and the system responds with "No Speech Detected".

Brought it back to the dealership 3 sales guys tried to help for about an hour with no luck. They had me bring it in to have the service team look at it.

When I showed up to pickup my car the sales manager informed me that there is nothing they can do to fix the bluetooth. He claimed that the Tahoe didn't come from the factory with the navigation and could have come out of any chevy. I did confirm his claims that the car didn't come with navigation originally when looking at the original window sticker.

However, I still have trouble believing that they can't get the GM nav to communicate with they system to enable to bluetooth. I am trying to get this escalated above the sales managers head. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Am I correct to assume that this should work?

Old March 2nd, 2012, 4:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jstickle,

Who installed the navigation system? Are you sure it was connected correctly? Since it is responding with "No Speech Detected", I suspect there is an issue with the mic connection.

You may want to have a certified technician look it over.

Keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 4th, 2012, 8:58 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

jstickle: Welcome to the forum.

It's not your fault that they sold you a truck that has a non-original Nav. They should take whatever measures it takes to fix it. It's not like it worked when you bought it so it's on their dime.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe