Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this cpsaudiovideo@yahoo.com, his name is Greg, hes in California and i believe some users here have also done business with him before. i just bought a nav, backup camera and new XM module for my 2010 tahoe and he programmed and even helped my installer on the phone. i highly recommend him and his prices are excellent.
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vrso2
only different is, if you have Bose or non Bose system. Basically u can add anything OEM in to it.
Backup camera will require wiring and backup camera.

is it hard to put the wiring in for the backup camera and where would be a good place to get the stuff required for it?
Old May 10th, 2011, 4:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abeevo
is it hard to put the wiring in for the backup camera and where would be a good place to get the stuff required for it?
do you need to buy the whole thing? or you already have some stuff?
I can sell you a head unit but it will require programming a t the dealer, but you will need to buy the rest of the stuff on ebay, or buy the complete package on ebay, they will tell you if it works with BOSE or a none BOSE equipped truck, also some sellers say that the h/u they have will not need to be programed at the dealer (or some of them will in rare occasions) you can also find the back up camera for cheap, and is also easy to hook up
I got all the pieces one by one and installed all by myself, is not hard just tell us when you have the h/u and we go from there
I think at the beginning of this thread there's a list of the things you need
1 head unit (look around, don't buy the first one you see)
2 nav dvd (for your specific h/u)
3 antenna (for gps)
4 vss harness (you will def need it)
5 back up camera (I recommend one with night vision)
I think that's all I got for mine, unless you want to add a lock pick if you get a h/u that plays dvd's but that is up to you
like I said you can get all together for like $800 on ebay (except the back up camera, but that one is also easy to buy on there)
let us know if you have any questions
hey welcome to the forum!!!

Last edited by QUETRANPA; May 10th, 2011 at 4:54 PM.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

Hi,

I recently installed a Nav unit on my 2011 Tahoe LT. When I purchased it it came with a 4.0 Nav Disc and was programed to fit my vin with all my options. After the install everything was working great for a while. I then upgraded my Nav Disc to the 6.0 the Nav unit did some update and I lost most of my Voice Commends. I only have Help and system help commends. Did anyone encounter this issue before. Any help will be appreciated.
Old May 30th, 2011, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default XM Traffice With GM Navigation

Hi, I'm new to this forum and can't find anything directly related to this so if it's out there I apologize for missing it. The dealer installed a GM navigation in my 2011 Traverse. It is a 1LT with RSE and backup camera. It seems that there is no way to get XM traffic to communicate with the navigation unit. Do any of you have any ideas? I'm told that it cannot because the system was not installed at the factory. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 30th, 2011, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lounstx
Hi, I'm new to this forum and can't find anything directly related to this so if it's out there I apologize for missing it. The dealer installed a GM navigation in my 2011 Traverse. It is a 1LT with RSE and backup camera. It seems that there is no way to get XM traffic to communicate with the navigation unit. Do any of you have any ideas? I'm told that it cannot because the system was not installed at the factory. Any help would be appreciated.
I had this work for me in my 2010 tahoe, I had factory nav installed with backup camera and also had a new xm module installed which gave me full traffic functionality after i subscribed to the service through xm.. good luck
Old May 31st, 2011, 7:24 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the encouragement. The dealer and XM tell me they can't make it work. Maybe I need to find a different dealer.
Old May 31st, 2011, 8:33 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Lounstx,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Did you speak with another dealership yet about this issue?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the encouragement. The dealer and XM tell me they can't make it work. Maybe I need to find a different dealer.
You may be better off finding a good car stereo installer, i had to do that after 2 dealers told me it couldn't be done also. i was also told by more than a few dealers that they could add factory nav to a 2010 tahoe. dealerships parts and service depts are not the brightest..
Old June 3rd, 2011, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

Any good aftermarket recommendations out there ----

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe