Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2011, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i unpluged the vss and still have no signal . there is a red slash on gps icon ..how long does it take for signal to come on????????????????? please help
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well unplugging the VSS wire is not going to fix it

did you plug it in the right place like in the picture I posted in the previous page?

did you plug it in the right pin# in back of the h/u?

here's a link for the location of the VSS wire in back of the h/u

anyone know which harness/pins power the sub?

is the antenna mounted in the right direction?

if everything is ok the signal takes only a few seconds to find your location, like 4 or 5 seconds at the most

let me know and we go from there

Last edited by QUETRANPA; March 25th, 2011 at 7:54 PM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default What the hell am I doing wrong?????

Ok.... I have a 2009 Tahoe LT2 Z71 with Onstar, Bose and Bluetooth. The truck had a 6-disc changer and when I hit the Voice Recognition button, I had access to all of my Bluetooth commands. I decided to upgrade to a Navigation Unit and installed Unit # 15882766 (from a 2007 Silverado. Everything went well and I just installed my VSS harness. Now when I hit the Voice Command button, I no longer have access to any of my Bluetooth commands and it will only access my radio and Navigation commands. Did I "F"-up and buy the wrong navigation? If I say "dial" or "call" or "Bluetooth" it doesn't recognize the commands anymore. To me, the Bluetooth is more important than the Navigation. Can someone help me out and tell me what to do to get both Bluetooth and Navigation Voice Commands???? Thanks I am at my wits end with this!!!
Old March 24th, 2011, 8:36 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Well Bluetooth became available on the 2009s if I remember right. So if it's part of the nav unit then that may be why. Or maybe it's a separate module. Someone else here will know.
Old March 25th, 2011, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Smile Success !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U have to have the vss for the nav to work and u have to hook it up to the green white wire next to brake .. I had my vss wire hooked up wrong, the traingle was moving but in the wrong direction ,once i re did vss the gps worked.... Sucesss...

The only thing now is when i go under tunnel or bridge it takes about five or more minutes for gps to reappear again. I thought it would apear right away when exit tunnel or bridge
but when the gps signal is out when i go under bridge or tunnel i am still on RIGHT place on map.....

Last edited by kaldab20; March 25th, 2011 at 4:22 PM.
Old March 25th, 2011, 8:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up VSS as lock pick

I'm glad it worked for you man!
I tell you guys that VSS wire has to be on correctly or you are screwed, but hey in my case I had the VSS wire hooked in back of the h/u but not on the green wire in the junction box and it was working ok, I was able to input addresses and scroll up and down with no problem while driving!!! and the gps was updating my location like every 4 seconds! I was at the point where I was not going to hook up the VSS any more but I ended up hooking it up and now no more address input or scroll while driving so what did I do? I put a switch in the VSS and now when I need to enter an address while driving I just switch it off and boooooom it thinks I'm stopped!!! then I enter my destination and when I'm done switch it back on and in like 3 seconds I'm on the right place on the map!!! it works really good!!!!!!!!
Old March 26th, 2011, 7:24 PM
CF Active Member

little advise for ROSEN NAVI/DVD owners.

I was playing a little with backup camera and after checking the prices for ROSEN camera, i realize, that 130$ could be spend differently

I took my radio out and check connectors for backup camera. There is one harness, which include two S-video connectors and one audio/video cinch connector.
One of the S-video is for backup camera (it's female socket) and one for RADAR (male socket).
Now. I cut RADAR wire with S-video male connector of the harness and use it for connection to backup camera S-video.
Then, all u have to do is connect your new unbranded backup camera (can be found on ebay for about $30). The white wire is camera positive (+) and brown wire is the camera negative (-).
Attached Thumbnails  How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe-03262011588.jpg  
Old April 2nd, 2011, 4:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Default need help with VSS pin location on back of nav

Can someone tell me what pin number the VSS is on the back of the nav on the brown harness? See pic.
Attached Thumbnails  How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe-img-20110402-00042.jpg  

Last edited by aubiexx; April 2nd, 2011 at 4:28 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by aubiexx
Can someone tell me what pin number the VSS is on the back of the nav on the brown harness? See pic.
check my posts. There is a pic explain which one it is.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
CF Active Member

OK, today arrived backup camera from eBay. Installation took 45 min and result is perfect.
Am happy, that i saved $100 not buying Rosen camera

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe