Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2011, 6:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctccc
He never asked me for my vin or spn, He says its new unlocked and Does not need to be programmed just plug and play. Since it's new when I plug it in will it just recognize my vin and program itself? Can i do it my self or it's a dealer thing? if so how much they charge?
It will need to be programmed then. It has to be done by a dealer, and make sure you find one that's actually done it before, don't just take it in to any, or they will likely fail and charge you anyways. They shouldn't charge you more than an hour of labor which varies, but on average is about $80.
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stuff works GREAT....I purchased a BRAND New Never used Nav unit part number 19169885, which is a 07-10 chevy suburban NON BOSE Navigation DVD RAdio Nav for vehicles with no Bose. I put it in my 2009 suburban LT non bose vehicle. It was never in another vehicle and it recognized my vin with no problems. It came with Nav disk, VSS voice wiring kit, (with directions for VSS kit) and new nav antenna. It was guaranteed to work seamlessly with my steering wheel controls, OnStar, Bluetooth, XM Radio and shouldn't produce any issues with turn signals, or door chimes. The guy Matt at, oem-gm-radios ,on ebay promised me that I would not have to take it to the Dealer to unlock and or program it. He was true to his word. Best Buy did the install for 100 bucks. His prices might scare you on ebay but if you call him you'll get a way better deal, I assure you. I also see the same unit on Schram Auto Parts site on ebay also, but I had already made my purchase, looks like he has pretty good deals also. Hopes this info helps others out

If you have an active Onstar subscription, you utilize, your routes may not download directly to your nav unit when you first install it. You will need to call Onstar and tell them to do a system refresh/system update, so the system can recognize that you have a nav unit now. They may tell you that your vehicle didnt come with it so you can't have it. They may not and just do it. Don't tell them you replaced your radio, just tell them your radio was working fine and now the turn by turn directions are not downloading to map on your nav unit, and the dealer told you to call onstar for system refresh/ system update. You have to be persistent. You may have to call in a couple times, but After they do update your directions will download straight to your map.

Last edited by ctccc; February 15th, 2011 at 8:38 PM. Reason: added info
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Suburban with Bose Nav RES and rear back up camera. The dvd player quit working, everything else worked fine. I ordered a factory dvd drive, now it will play a cd but on dvd is reads "region code error"

Does anyone know how to change the region code on the unit?

Thanks for the input!
Old March 4th, 2011, 9:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lori7293
I have a 2007 Suburban with Bose Nav RES and rear back up camera. The dvd player quit working, everything else worked fine. I ordered a factory dvd drive, now it will play a cd but on dvd is reads "region code error"

Does anyone know how to change the region code on the unit?

Thanks for the input!
Where did you order it from? A dealer? It sounds like you have a middle east or european drive. Is so, it won't work. Either that or the wrong disc.
Schrams
Old March 4th, 2011, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SchramAutoParts
Where did you order it from? A dealer? It sounds like you have a middle east or european drive. Is so, it won't work. Either that or the wrong disc.
Schrams
I bought it off of ebay. I was trying to avoid having to buy a new system.
Thanks
Old March 14th, 2011, 1:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Lori7293, I would like to direct message you about this issue to see if I can be of any help with your issue.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vrso2
UPDATE:

Oki, today just arrived VSS/voice wire kit:

- Without it, the arrow on the navigation system, fails to follow the position of the head of the car.
- Voice kit fixed problem with voice commands. Now i can hold SOURCE button and manage radio, navigation, unit settings etc.

Only the thing, i do not understand is two wires, black and red. I don't know where they goes. Documentation say "only for yukon, denali" so may be they not necessary to be connected.
There is also AV connector. Can i just plug in any backup camera? It will turn display on automatic ?
vrso2,

I am also having trouble with the voice commands. I wired the vss harness and turn by turn works great. I just cant get the voice commands to go. There is a red and black wire coming from the "onStar" unit that I have not connected. Is that my problem. Any help would be great.
Old March 15th, 2011, 8:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mmendez2000
vrso2,

I am also having trouble with the voice commands. I wired the vss harness and turn by turn works great. I just cant get the voice commands to go. There is a red and black wire coming from the "onStar" unit that I have not connected. Is that my problem. Any help would be great.
Did you instal a voice wire too, or just a VSS?
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can use that rca jack on vss kit for backup camera, if you do install an after market camera, which is no problem, you may or may not get a fuzzy some what distorted picture, if this happens and everything is connected properly, then the cause is a weak signal to or from camera. To fix this you will need a rca signal magnifier or rca signal booster (20 bucks) and this will get you a crystal clear pic. You may not encounter this issue but if you do, that was the fix for me.
Old March 15th, 2011, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default navi question

Would anyone have any information installing a 2008 LTZ navigation into a 2009 tahoe LT? Need help, thanks in advance I'm new to the forum.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe