Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vrso2
when i pres and hold SOURCE button on steering wheel, "lady" ask me for command, but i tried anything but same result " no voice was recognized " and it's go all over.
why ?

This is what i need ? http://cgi.ebay.com/07-09-GM-CHEVY-S...item2a0cfb5b71

What can i manage thru these commands ?
Thx
Yes, if you did not install a voice wire, it will not work with voice commands.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:27 AM
CF Active Member

hmm, but tell me, where to plug those 2 connectors ? I have only one empty left. There is total of 4 and am using 3 of them. Hmmm, getting confused again.

BTW, what commands i can use ? For navi or radio ? Can u say address where 2 go ?

edited:

Oki, i just called the guy from eBay. One connector goes to On* unit and second one to Radio.

He told me, that my radio will not do voice guidance without this kit and also voice recognition wont work.
I bought it and let you now, when everything gonna be installed and in working condition
One more thing i need to do is VCIM bluetooth, but i need to find one somewhere first.
Ill keep u update and ill make step by step guid for transforming 2007 burb with bose dvd radio in to DVD/NAVI with Bluetooth and backup camera.

Last edited by vrso2; January 4th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 7:55 PM
CF Active Member

OK, update:

I just got got antenna today. Took me less than 20 min to install.

all u have to do is remove driver side A-pillar (there is only one 10mm bolt) and remove the dash trim panel that buts up against the windshield. It's so easy. There is only clips, no bolts.
Then, remove radio to have more access. On the right side, under the dash trim panel is spot where is GPS antenna should be installed. Then, put your hand inside panel where radio was removed, towards GPS antenna. U can see your fingers coming out next to the antenna. Just grab the GPS wire and pull it out.
Now you ready to assemble all back. Plug GPS antenna, FM antenna, and all connectors and put all together.

My clock start working almost instantly and GPS start picking a signal after 5 min.
Navigation start working but ... U will need to get VSS/voice wire kit to make it work properly.
Old January 5th, 2011, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Tahoe back up camera

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have already read so many great helpful things! So thanks in advance.... I am buying a 2008 Tahoe tomorrow, it does not have the navigation radio, but I am interested in putting pioneer radio model avh-p3200bt. With this I will be looking to instal a back up camera. my 2 questions are, 1. can I buy the oem camera and will it fit right into where it is supposed to go and 2. is it "pre wired" so I can just plug it in? I am just trying to avoid all aftermarket stuff that sticks out and paying a lot for installation if they are just going to "plug" it into a pre-existing harness that I can just as well do and save 200 bucks! Thanks again looking forward to my new purchase tomorrow!!!!
Old January 5th, 2011, 6:11 PM
CF Active Member

i believe that any aftermarket (branded) radio is better than OEM.
Bluetooth ready on device, more voice commands, bluetooth audio and video playback, more options and settings, internal memory (HDD), SD and USB slots, etc.

Here is my champion - AVIC-D3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_w3UZIEo8k

Soonest i make work my OEM system ill put it on eBay for sale as full working pckg. and ill go buy one of aftermarket brand as pioneer, kenwood or clarion.
HOWGH!

Last edited by vrso2; January 5th, 2011 at 6:14 PM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 9:43 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

jimbo352: Welcome to the forum.

If the truck didn't come w/ a rear camera, then I doubt there's any wiring there for one.
Old January 5th, 2011, 9:56 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

It also can depend on the trim level of the vehicle, sometimes you can have the higher trim level that does not have an option and sometimes the harness can be there.... but even it is there can still be some wiring that needs to be done or miscellaneous harnesses that are needed and factory equipment will almost certainly require programming that you can only get at the dealer...
Most after-market equipment will not require vehicle programming...
Old January 7th, 2011, 6:12 PM
CF Active Member

UPDATE:

Oki, today just arrived VSS/voice wire kit:

- Without it, the arrow on the navigation system, fails to follow the position of the head of the car.
- Voice kit fixed problem with voice commands. Now i can hold SOURCE button and manage radio, navigation, unit settings etc.

Only the thing, i do not understand is two wires, black and red. I don't know where they goes. Documentation say "only for yukon, denali" so may be they not necessary to be connected.
There is also AV connector. Can i just plug in any backup camera? It will turn display on automatic ?
Old January 9th, 2011, 9:52 PM
CF Active Member

OK, am happy, that all works perfect now

There is two more stage to go.

1, VCIM - for bluetooth connection
2, NAV/DVD unlock

all i know is, that am going to sell whole unit with all wires and GPS antenna on ebay and ill try to get one of the top-end pioneer unit
That's can be another challenge for me
Old January 11th, 2011, 9:31 PM
CF Active Member

Hey fellas. I got my setup for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...fAudioQ5fVideo

All working and am here to help you with install.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe