Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2007, 8:29 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Did you conect the green / white VSS wire?
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:59 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there arent part numbers for the harness's from JP customs. Give them a call, tell them what you are doing. They will then make the harness's for you! If you tell them you have a 2007 and are adding factory navigation and need the harness's they will know what you are wanting.

Was your navigation unit new or used? If it was used programming is required. You will never have voice commands until you wire the VSS wire up!
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: c21sam

I actually have a couple of questions. I hope someone can answer. First ..Does anyone know the part #'s for the adapters need for the voice command/prompts and route guidance purchased thru JP Customs. Second I have installed the Navigation unit and most everthing works except for the voice command and GPS seems to go in and out a lot. Will having it programed at the dealer resolve this problem?
JP customs refers to it as the "07'NAV Installation Kit" This includes the C4 connector and wire for VSS, also the 2 wires for the C1 connection to the onstar box for voice rcognition.

When you say goes in & out a lot I assume you mean the "No GPS" (GPS with a diagonal line through it) icon appears? If so, programming has nothing to do with it - it is a signal strength issue that could be caused by signal obstruction from weather, mountains, buildings, etc. - OR - (& I actually experienced this) - you may have smashed the GPS antenna wire at the connection behind the radio, intermittently shorting it internally. Make sure that the antenna lead goes under the metal bulkhead behind the radio and does not "pile up" behind it. When you pull the head look for a place on the wire where the foam surround has been flattened out, peel back the foam & if the wire is also flattened try to round it out again & it may work - if not get yourself another GPS antenna.

If what you mean is that the GPS position marker updates slowly on the NAV map (about once every 5-7 seconds) this is a symptom of not connecting your speed sensor. Once you hook up the VSS it will update every 2 seconds.
Old January 18th, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Addict

Matt,
Thanks again for all your help and information with the kenwood 900 install. It went almost flawlessly! Thank you!
Old January 18th, 2007, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really apprciate everyones imput..... The only hook up I made was to unplug the 2 plugs out of the old radio and plug them into the Nav. It is also a New Navigation..I am not sure what the green and white wires I need to hook up or what the VSS is. One thing I noticed this morning also is that I could barely hear the door chime anymore....
Old January 18th, 2007, 2:15 PM
CF Addict

Find a thread called "can you make heads or tails of this??" It will show/tell you want the VSS wire and all other JP customs adapters/harnesses do. there are pictures and everything.
Old January 18th, 2007, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I am new to this forum....What is a ( thread ) ?
Old January 18th, 2007, 3:29 PM
CF Addict

Sorry, Some sites call them thread. Here it would be topics. Go to the Tahoe section and go through the pages of topics until you see "can you make heads or tails of this".
Old January 18th, 2007, 3:31 PM
CF Addict

Here, I got it for you! Read this!

https://chevroletforum.com/m_15129/tm.htm
Old January 18th, 2007, 3:36 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

Matt,
Thanks again for all your help and information with the kenwood 900 install. It went almost flawlessly! Thank you!
You're welcome. If it was not for the info onthis forum I would not have been able to do any of the mods I've made thus far.So I do my part to contribute back.

Interestingly enough, I do not see anywhere near the same extent of interchange of ideas & info on most of the other forums. Even on two of the GTO forums that I frequent.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe