Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2006, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

The Vehicle speed sensor has a pulsing output. When the GPS receiver loses its signal from the satelites the heading sensor usually takes over and projects where your vehicle is located at on your map.

Old November 13th, 2006, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 2007 Yukon Denali without the Nav. System and without the DVD Entertainment Package. There's a company that makes an aftermarket (in-line plug n play) product that allows DVD's to be displayed on the Nav. screen. So, my question is, "Can I install the DVD Nav. unit (....2766) seamlessly without having the DVD package installed?"
Thanks,
Old November 13th, 2006, 8:26 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: technicalroadie

The Vehicle speed sensor has a pulsing output. When the GPS receiver loses its signal from the satelites the heading sensor usually takes over and projects where your vehicle is located at on your map.

Very good.
Not entirely accurate but very good none the less.
Old November 13th, 2006, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

I am tring to look for the Rear Camera controller under the passenger seat, but can't seem to find it. Can someone give me some idea on where it is exactly located? Maybe a picture?

My Tahoe came with DVD Nav & Rear Entertainment. the paperwork says TL3 package.
Old November 13th, 2006, 8:56 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich,
In early production the spec called for the Rear Camera Control Module to be installed in all upper level GMT900's but as production progressed this spec was altered and the units were only installed in those vehicles ordered with the camera. I apologize for not updating this thread.
Old November 13th, 2006, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

So basicly I am screwed? Do you have a picture of this control module so I can compare to the three that are under my seat? If this is the case, any idea if there will be an upgrade kit to add it?

Basicly, my dealer screwed me, when I arrive to get my Tahoe, it did not have the camera as we discussed, but they deducted another $1000 for me to leave with it that day, so I did.

Old November 13th, 2006, 9:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At what point in production did GM stop 'pre-wiring' the 3LTs???
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

I just got a 2007 Tahoe loaded. I considered doing what I alway do when I change vehicles, strip the radio and install a Pioneer, N1, N2, N3, Z1. Two months ago I bought a 2007 Vet without NAV, The Tahoe has Nav.

Heres the point that I learned from the last 2 2007 purchases.

1. If your 2007 doesn't come with nav, install a Pioneer Z1, the intergrations are available for Ipod and making the steeering wheel controls work. Do a seach, you might start with Crutchfield. Crutchfield provides great information. I installed the Z1 in the vet myself with a rear licence plate camera and Ipod. All available on the internet. It is trick and works perfect. Just for your info, I am an accountant, so, if I can do it, you probably can. The hardest part of any job is pulling off the trim, however, if you break it, it can be replaced.

2. If your 2007 has the works like my Tahoe, let the dealer do it. Smartpark won't sell to private parties, but, they have what you want. I, like you, hate going to the dealer, but, when I heard the words "dealer must program" it turned me off from trying anything myself. If I have to involve the dealer and their BS, I might as well go to them from the start. If outsided firms eventually get the equipment to program the vehicle, then I will run back to the outside firms.

Your time is worth money, and if it takes too much time to acquire the expertise to do the job, let someone else do it.

Al G.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 2:01 AM
CF Beginner

I contacted the Chevy dealer to get a price on the IPOD adaptor for the 2007 Tahoe with factory Nav and On Star. He gave me a price of $485.00 for the IPOD adaptor installed. I told him to shove it and bought the adaptor for $184.00 buck from Logjam Electronics, I'll do it myself. In the process I got the parts deparment clerk to print the layout of the dash panels so I know which ones pull off and which ones have screws.

Good Luck.

I guess do it yourself still ends up better than dealing with a car dealer.

Al
Old November 26th, 2006, 6:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to install OEM Back-up cam on 2007 Tahoe

So I've been reading all of the posts on the back up camera install. Since I wasn't clear on where the back-up camera module was located under the seat, I took a trip to the dealership to look under the seat. Let me tell you all out there that don't know. If you have this module underneath your passenger seat, you are NOT going to miss it. There is no confusion, and it will literally be right in your face. It is around the size of a pack of cigarettes, silver, and has the part number 10371724 right on top of it So again there is no mistaking this part. If it's not right there in your face when you poke your head under the seat, then you don't have it. It won't be under carpet, etc.

Question: If you don't have this module installed from the factory is there at least a set of wire harnesses/plugs that are close by so when you do purchase the module you just plug and play at that point under the seat? One plug would run to the dash behind the nav head-unit and the other one would run towards the back of the truck to the camera. (The answer to this question based on my understanding is "no", but I'm just lookin' for clarity. My understanding is if there's no module under the seat then there is no pre-wired plug at the back of the truck, behind the license plate for the camera. Again lookin' for confirmation on this.)

With that being said,

Question 2: What does the OEM camera (GM Part# 15173619) look like right out of the packaging? Are there just 2 leads coming off if it for power and video? (Please attach a picture if you have one.) Also TJ brought up a good point, does the image come reversed right at the camera head or is it something that is done further down the line, maybe at the module or the nav head unit?

If the OEM camera is wired up with just the power and video lead, I'm just going to bypass the module all together, mount the OEM camera in the slot that it's made to fit in, and wire it directly to my TV tuner's video "in" input for an "always on" back-up camera.

So in summary, very simply the question is: No back-up camera module underneath the seat, no pre-wire anywhere throughout the vehicle for the back-up camera?

I'm really hoping to hear back from someone that has already ripped their camera out of the packaging, but hasn't done the install yet.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe