Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2010, 5:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default voice commands

did you try
quote from mirage00 "Yes my voice commands work now. You need to hold the SOURCE button on the sterring wheel. Not the onstar/mute button. All the voice recognition functions work except the navigation goto destination [voice tag] is sketchy. It misses the goto portion and brings me to navigation help about 80% of the time."

On mine when I added the nav I had to install the voice wires from the onstar unit to the back of the nav unit. I bought off ebay 65.00 if I remember correctly. I had a six disk changer that my voice commands worked with but after the upgrade I had to install the voice wires to get them to work.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Bluetooth Voice /Nav Voice in 2009 Tahoe with Nav upgrade

Hey Ridnwild

I did try that, and when I pulled the radio Tuesday evening, it appeared that the voice harness was wired to the VCIM, but I didn't do it myself so I don't know.

Basically when I press and hold the source button it just changes the source, I have tried it several times trying to get a beep.

I have tried the mute/onstar button on steering wheel and saying bluetooth, but still nothing. I have even tried that when pusing the phone button on the rear view, which still recognizes my stored name tags.

Based on what I am hearing from others I think that if it is a 2008 radio based on my part number 25846420, I may need a 2009 radio in order for it to work. But that is just a guess.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default voice commands

I should have askd this first. Are you saying none of your voice commands work or just the bluetooth commands?

Last edited by ridnwild; December 2nd, 2010 at 8:45 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default vice commands

the easiest way to see if you have all the wires connected from the vcim (onstar) is to pull the raidio look at the harness you should have two wires coming from the vcim going to pins 4 & 5 on the radio harness. Thats the two you need for voice commands with nav.
Attached Thumbnails  How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe-2133384.jpg  

Last edited by ridnwild; December 2nd, 2010 at 9:35 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

The blue tooth commands don't work nor the navigation commands when using the steering wheel controls. However voice commands through the phone button on the rear view mirror do work. I can access my stored phone numbers from when I had the original radio installed. And I am sure I could make a call if I bought minutes through onstar.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default voice commands

I'm going to guess that you need those two wires connected from vcim to nav. The one on the right is the one you need it plugs into your vcim (onstar module) the other end goes to pins 4 & 5 on the radio.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Be sure to check for those wires before you spend any money. Here's a link to where you can buy it if you need it. You can probably talk him into selling just the voice harness. http://cgi.ebay.com/GM-CHEVY-SILVERA...item19c1444ec9<o></o>
Attached Thumbnails  How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe-b82bp-wbgk%7E%24-kgrhqz-hwezlvzwmwjbm4gnbp5qg%7E%7E0_3.jpg  
Old December 4th, 2010, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default i bought nav for my 2007 ltz it is theft locked

Originally Posted by connexion2005
Hmmmm. Well I have the 2007 LTZ w/ Bose, RES and NO Y91. That "HAS" to be close enough! Lol.
I bought a nav unit from ebay dealer and every dealership says unless aall options match perfectly, year ect.. then it probably won't program, and its a 100 dollar charge they will try,but they don't guarentee will work. the ebay seller says it will, who is right
Old December 4th, 2010, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Default do all options have to match between on nav and vehicle its being installed on?

Originally Posted by shawnvw
They say that because they probably don't know how to install them properly.

post your VIN (or PM it to me), you may need to run a couple leads down to the amplifier
Hi i bought nav unit online which has theft lock on although seller stated they were unlockeed, but said on rare occassions dealer still may need to program, anyways i called multiple dealers and they all say the options need to match perfectly with the avalanche it came out of, otherwise they won't work. they will try, but of course the 100 program charge is non refundable if it doesn''t work. seller says it will. my vin# is 3GNFK12337G257975, the unit # is 15882766, who is right??? please help as i only have aa few days left to return...
Old December 6th, 2010, 6:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by dasigillo
I bought a nav unit from ebay dealer and every dealership says unless aall options match perfectly, year ect.. then it probably won't program, and its a 100 dollar charge they will try,but they don't guarentee will work. the ebay seller says it will, who is right
The eBay dealer is right. The dealership you are calling doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't sound very helpfull. Call around to your local dealerships (any GM dealership will do) until you find someone that knows what they are doing.
Old December 8th, 2010, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

press the Onstar button on the steering wheel control and after the beep say Onstar , then after it replies.... then say Bluetooth ,or for Onstar phone say dial or call if you have stored entries, for Navigation press the Onstar button on the steering wheel and say Navigation , for the radio after the beep say Radio 102.5 and the station will change to 102.5... try searching for the Nav manual there is lots of voice commands

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe