Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2009, 1:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just recently when i was using my navi. the voice command kept cutting out and repeatingg it self any suggestions??? .......... Oh and also just for the hell of it, last week I called the chev navi. center and asked about there next update, and the lady asked for my vin#, then she told me I quilfy for the newest version and that it would be sent out to me free of charge.....cool hey

Last edited by hossler; June 2nd, 2009 at 1:29 PM.
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Smile NAV and 2007-2008 Silverad et.al.

OK..so here it is. So much guessing and speculation out there. Her are the knowns:

If you already have the UQ3 or UQ5 option, you have the amplifier necessary to install the NAV head. You do not need another amp or BOSE/LUXMAN systems. UQ3 and UQ5 are considered uplevel systems. The issue is the head programming itself. There are three options in the head..one for the UQA (BOSE) and the other two are for uplevel systems (UQ3 and UQ5). Here is the skinny from a CERTIFIED Chevy Expert!

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...do-4x4-ext-cab

Good Luck y'all. The only hard part is finding that vehicle without the BOSE system tah has the Nav head installed. I got lucky..and my system works fine WITOUT any other amplifiers or speakers, all functions work and the sound will blow you out of the cab!
Old July 24th, 2009, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

I have a question regarding my dealer and my nav system. I installed a brand new nav unit in my 2007 LTZ last summer. After the install everything worked other than the "Voice Command" stuff. This was not a big deal and I drove the truck for the next 10months with no issues. Everything else worked with the unit. Well, I had the truck in last week for some warranty work and figured I'd have them upgrade the software so that everything would work as it should. Well that was a big mistake. They updated the wrong software and basically removed half of the stuff that's optional, like the reverse camera, clock, AUX option, and in addition to the the radio functions missing, all of the dings, whistles, chimes, etc. no longer work in the truck.

I took it back today for them to correct things in hoping that they just uploaded the wrong version and now they'll telling me that they can't fix the problem and that they are unable to get it back to the original setup prior to me bringing it to them.

Any thoughts? I do have the lockpick installed...could this be causing problems? I woldn't think it would being that everything bypasses it (execpt for when you activate it when pushing the mute button), but I don't know for sure.

Any tips or helpful info would be greatly appreciated...my dealer doesn't seem to know what's going on here.
Old August 8th, 2009, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

I'm new to this site. I just bought a '07 Tahoe LTZ and it didn't come with a nav sys. I'd like to put one in and I've read a few pages of this thread and I'm still confuse a bit. If I don't wanna put in the rear camera do I have to? I have the rear seat ent., onstar, and xm. Which head unit would I need? The 15882767? Thanks for the advice.
Old August 8th, 2009, 2:59 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Might post this as a new thread to get more attention.
Old August 14th, 2009, 6:09 PM
CF Active Member

Default VOICE RECOGNITION - OEM Install

I Just finished my install. I installed a new OEM Navigation head unit into my 2009 Suburban. Everything works perfectly except, I can't get any voice recognition commands to work for RADIO or NAVIGATION. I did install the extra 2 wires from the ONSTAR until to the back of the radio C1 connector pins 4 and 5. Does anyone know if there is a problem with installs that prevent voice recognition from working unless the unit comes from the factory? I did find this link below... I was wondering why they lhave the comment regarding Voice recognition on their ad.

Thanks

http://www.dealerworksinc.com/GMFactoryNav.htm

VOICE RECOGNITION COMMANDS not available on dealer installed system.
Old August 15th, 2009, 4:00 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

They say that because they probably don't know how to install them properly.

post your VIN (or PM it to me), you may need to run a couple leads down to the amplifier
Old August 16th, 2009, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mirage00
I Just finished my install. I installed a new OEM Navigation head unit into my 2009 Suburban. Everything works perfectly except, I can't get any voice recognition commands to work for RADIO or NAVIGATION. I did install the extra 2 wires from the ONSTAR until to the back of the radio C1 connector pins 4 and 5. Does anyone know if there is a problem with installs that prevent voice recognition from working unless the unit comes from the factory? I did find this link below... I was wondering why they lhave the comment regarding Voice recognition on their ad.

Thanks

http://www.dealerworksinc.com/GMFactoryNav.htm

VOICE RECOGNITION COMMANDS not available on dealer installed system.

I have the EXACT same problem. I installed everything including the two leads from the nav unit to the vcim (onstar unit) but when i press the voice button on the steering wheel, I don't get any "beep". Shouldn't it "beep" in anticipation of a voice command? shawnvw were you able to resolve this for mirage00? What are these two leads to the amp you're referring to? Are there any other posts describing this procedure? Thanks!

EDIT: To further specify my problem, when I tap the voice button on my steering wheel, the radio mutes with a mute symbol displaying on the top of the led screen; when i HOLD DOWN on the voice button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds, @nStar comes up and says "@nStar Ready...". Someone described to me that this may be abnormal behavior and because the software for my VCIM (@nStar) may need to be updated to the most recent version. I'm waiting for clarification on this but any other insight would be helpful

Last edited by DaddyMacCadillac; August 17th, 2009 at 8:10 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

OK shawnvw, thanks buddy! Turns out I was pressing the wrong button - you have to press the source button not the voice button DUH! Everything works now, thanks again shawnvw!
Old August 18th, 2009, 7:35 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by DaddyMacCadillac
OK shawnvw, thanks buddy! Turns out I was pressing the wrong button - you have to press the source button not the voice button DUH! Everything works now, thanks again shawnvw!
Source Button? I am pressing and holding down the middle button on the right side of my steering wheel... I press it for 3 seconds and its says "Ready"

What source button are you pressing? Is this because your unit is programmed incorrectly?

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe