Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawnvw,

I have posted my problem a page back or so. I have correctly installed the NAV unit and the VSS, VCIM everything. But, I am still getting crackling through the radio. Mostly, when I back up, slowdown or first start up. I have the Bose system and I followed this thread to a tee. I bought a brand new "unlocked" unit so that I would have these issue's. Please help.

~Rookie
Old March 29th, 2009, 1:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Default camera

Hey the guys e-mail is pearlism@nate.com his name is WILL just let him know i sent you ( HOSS) the one i got was a pc700 looks factory
Originally Posted by joic0205
i was planing the one on the license plate but i prefer oem looks where can i find the one you are using serched on ebay and did not find it? thanks
Old March 29th, 2009, 9:58 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Rookie, was the noise present at all before installing the NAV?
Did you have to add an amp in the vehicle?
If your answer is no to both, then your problem is 1 of 2 things: A connector that is not fully seated, or a bad radio
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks! No amp added (full Bose) and no noise before. I'll check my connectors.

~Rookie
Old April 9th, 2009, 3:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Done

Well it has been a long battle trying to get my navi. system working like it should. Three units later i finilly got one that works, what i have found out is there are a bunch of units out there that are no fricken good and they just keep getting cycled on e-bay. Thinking that i must have done some thing wrong or some thing loose or the techs don't know what they are doing all that b.s. the guys that been throught what i have know what i am blabbing about. Any way this last unit i got from BIG ED (AZ WHEEL COVERS) IN PHIONX AZ 1-800-334-4496) Man he is a good dude he hooked me up with a good unit and all is good now. Everything works like it should cd/dvd/ navi/voice everything, i am so fricken happy
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Vss?

Ok, Now that I have installed the VSS I'm realizing that the unit will not play DVD's like it did before? Is there any way that the Lockpick is confusing things? Should I yard this deal and get the unit working............ Then install the Gen5? It shouldn't matter. I bought a Brand new unit off eBay. But now I'm a little concerned with what Hoss went through. The unit won't even reconize that there is a disc in the Unit. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

~Rookie

PS Shawn....... thoughts?
Old April 13th, 2009, 8:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you mean? You can't play movies but you used to or they play but play different? If they play different, you might have to adjust the DIP switches on the Lockpick so your nav unit will work correctly.
Old April 15th, 2009, 6:50 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

pull the lock pick out and get the nav working.
only after everything is working properly, should you add the lockpick.
If you install them together, and there is a problem, how do you know what it causing it
Old April 19th, 2009, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Good Advice Shawn Thanks! OK, I pulled the Lockpic. NO PROBLEMS!!! Everything works Choice! Now, I know that the Lockpic must be causing the radio to pick up radio frequency of some sort. I checked the installation instructions for the Lockpic and it doesn't require any additional grounding. However, it does have a grounding wire that is for the back up camera. If I ground this unit, even though I don't have a camera, will it stop the Crackle?

~Rookie
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Got it!!!! I think. Talked to Tech support at Coastal Tech (Lockpic). I had the Gen 5 wired incorrectly. The install instructions say unplug factory plugs and plug in Gen5 plugs inline between the radio and Factory wire harness. My truck never came with a VSS plug. So, the only two plugs behind the radio is the Black and the Purple. So I pluged it in. Well, the purple plug is the Speaker/amp plug. When I got my VSS harness plugged in, and the Crackle was still there............. I called Tech support. He knew what I had done immediately. The purple plug should have never been touched. The lockpic plugs into the brown VSS plug. Once I looked at this whole thing again it was obvious what to do. He said this is the most comon problem they get called about. But, without the VSS plug to start with? I don't know................ I'm a Moron.

~Rookie

Last edited by Rookie69; April 22nd, 2009 at 8:30 AM. Reason: updated info

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe