Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2009, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vss

Originally Posted by cfize44
Hi- I got my Unit installed in my 08 Sierra(w/ Bose). Everything works w/ the exception of the voice commands on the NAV. I made sure theVoice command is active through the menu on the unit.. I assumed that this should work fine since I have Onstar..Is there something else Im missing? thanks
I have the same truck with the same problem. I (with the help of this Forum) installed the unit myself. I have the Bose system as well. I've been told that I (you too) am missing the VSS harness. I have purcased one from the guy that I bought the unit from. These harness's look to be hand build. I'm told that GM doesn't make them for resale anymore. My VSS doesn't require splicing into any green and white wire. All plug and play. I'm just getting sarted with this, I'll keep you informed as to how it plays out. I have also installed the Gen 5 lockpic. When I'm done I should be able to play DVD's and adjust the NAV while driving. Back up cam is going in as well.

~Rookie
Old March 15th, 2009, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

rookie-thx for sharing. I have the VSS harness but was told that it wasnt needed if you had Onstar...oh well... That'd be great if you can let know if yours is resolved w/ the VSS.. could you shoot me an email? craig@doudney.com thx again!
Old March 15th, 2009, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cfize44
rookie-thx for sharing. I have the VSS harness but was told that it wasnt needed if you had Onstar...oh well... That'd be great if you can let know if yours is resolved w/ the VSS.. could you shoot me an email? craig@doudney.com thx again!
If you read back a few pages, One of the Tech/Guru's on here told me that I would need the VSS. I got it installed! It was a snap. Now I'm working on the VCIM Harness. It looks a little more complex. I need to locate the onstar unit to plug into. I'll keep you up with the 411.

~Rookie
Old March 15th, 2009, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio Noise

OK Guys, I have installed my Nav Unit and now the VSS. Nav works great. Voice promt works and everything. But.................... I still have the crackling through the radio!! What do I need to do now? I bought an unlocked unit so I shouldn't have these issue's. Right? Please help.

~Scott
Old March 16th, 2009, 9:47 AM
CF Active Member

Default Nav radio crackling

Originally Posted by Rookie69
OK Guys, I have installed my Nav Unit and now the VSS. Nav works great. Voice promt works and everything. But.................... I still have the crackling through the radio!! What do I need to do now? I bought an unlocked unit so I shouldn't have these issue's. Right? Please help.

~Scott
What or when does the sound come in. During start up? While you are driving? When you turn up the volume?
Old March 17th, 2009, 12:05 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply Charlie, Ok it pops when I start the truck up. Then, when I put the truck in reverse (that's when it's the worst). While driving it pops upon slowing down or speeding up. Thanks

~Rookie
Old March 18th, 2009, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default OEM Navigation Install

I am trying to install an OEM nav into an '08 H2. I read through the forum, but didn't see any post on vehicles with the UQS and Y91 options. I believe this is an amplified system? I got the new system installed (part #25894202) and unlocked without any issue. The nav screen pops up but there is no sound at all through the stereo. I'm not sure if the dealer reprogrammed the nav unit for lux or not. I don't even know if it is neccesary? I will install the VSS if necessary after I get everything else cleared up. My question are; Will this unit work in my truck? If so what is the issue with the audio? Do I need to reprogram the system? Will I require the VSS?

Thanks for the help!

Ken
Old March 19th, 2009, 4:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Default ????

Do's Anybody have a list or an inter change of what navi units will work for my 2007 CHEV TAHOE LT bose/rear dvd at the begining of this thread it do's metion a couple but that was a few years ago.THANKS
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

A few quick questions:

Is the VSS harness required?? I read that it only tells your vehicle that it's moving so that you can't input addresses, like a security feature. Is this right? Does the VSS have anything to do with speed/navi? The GPS will calculate my speed without the VSS right?

Also- is the VCIM only needed if I want voice commands? I have read that several people do not like the voice commands as it's more time consuming than using the buttons. Any opinions on this?

I have UQA but I went ahead and got an amp and the PAC OEM2 and I'm about to order the antenna. Anything else I'm missing?
Old March 23rd, 2009, 9:11 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This thread is getting pretty big.....

I'm just going to make a few statements here to clarify a few questions that keep coming up

The VSS circuit MUST be hooked up for the nav to work. without it, the nav will not track you at all. This applies to ALL vehicles.

The OnStar harness is OPTIONAL. If you don't care about the voice recognition, then don't hook it up

Voice guidance, will work automatically with vehicles with a non lux amp(non Y91\Y92), with RPO Y91\Y92, you will have to add circuits between the radio and amp

In all cases, the vehicle must be equipt with an amp by the time you are done. Whether it had an amp to start with, or you added one because the audio was either too low or non existant

If you have RPO codes UQA\UQS and with or without Y91\Y92, this means that you have an amp previously installed. If you've had your radio programmed at the dealer, and you have no audio, you have 1 of 2 problems: a bad radio, or, the most common problem, the radio was programmed wrong

Last edited by shawnvw; March 23rd, 2009 at 9:13 PM.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe