Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2009, 12:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 sierra denali

hi i installed the navigation on my truck with the vss cable i now have voice comands but the nav still dose not work becaause i dont know where to put the vss grenn cable i have seen here some posts but i guess its on the 2008 i do not see those cables on the 2009 please help thanks
Old March 24th, 2009, 9:15 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a button at the top of the page labelled "SEARCH"....it helps you find answers to your questions that has been answered 100 times over

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...t=2155&page=39

your truck is the exact same as the 08 you were reading about....there haven't changed a thing
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Vss

There is a black wiring box down on the driver side next to your left foot i know i sometimes rest my foot on it while i am driving. any way just pull the cover off and you will have to ull it part way out there are a couple of connectors that you have to unplug so you can twist it to the left, and you will see it green with white stripe just splice it to that.What i did was i sodiler it but you can just use the splice connector.It is kind of a pain getting in the position. Good luck!!

Originally Posted by joic0205
hi i installed the navigation on my truck with the vss cable i now have voice comands but the nav still dose not work becaause i dont know where to put the vss grenn cable i have seen here some posts but i guess its on the 2008 i do not see those cables on the 2009 please help thanks
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default vss

thanks allready found it and works fine do you know if i conect an aftermarker backup camara to the rca if it will work automaticly on the oem stereo i allready enebled the option on the stereo for the backup but if a conect a camara will it detect it thanks?
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeh I did the same thing and it works perfect.Which cam did you get? The one I used is a PC-700 made by MORE EYES and looks factory and works good.
Old March 25th, 2009, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

i was planing the one on the license plate but i prefer oem looks where can i find the one you are using serched on ebay and did not find it? thanks
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Default FYI Coastaletech GMX-322 = no VSS hookup needed

Originally Posted by shawnvw
This thread is getting pretty big.....

I'm just going to make a few statements here to clarify a few questions that keep coming up

The VSS circuit MUST be hooked up for the nav to work. without it, the nav will not track you at all. This applies to ALL vehicles. <--- Unless you are using a GMX-322 lock pick, claims Coastaletech. I will let you guys now.

The OnStar harness is OPTIONAL. If you don't care about the voice recognition, then don't hook it up

Voice guidance, will work automatically with vehicles with a non lux amp(non Y91\Y92), <--- This is assuming you hooked up the onstar harness, is this right?
with RPO Y91\Y92, you will have to add circuits between the radio and amp
In all cases, the vehicle must be equipt with an amp by the time you are done. Whether it had an amp to start with, or you added one because the audio was either too low or non existant

If you have RPO codes UQA\UQS and with or without Y91\Y92, this means that you have an amp previously installed. If you've had your radio programmed at the dealer, and you have no audio, you have 1 of 2 problems: a bad radio, or, the most common problem, the radio was programmed wrong
Shawnvw: FYI

Coastaletech claims when using the GMX-322 there is no need to wire to the VSS for OEM Nav installs. They claim the GMX-322 includes this link.

"ALSO, SO, IF YOU HAVE ADDED A NAVIGATION RADIO TO A NON-NAV VEHICLE
YOU MAY

OMMIT THE COMPLICATED INSTALLATION OF VEHICLE SPEED SIGNALS NORMALLY
NECESSARY FOR THE PROPER INSTALLATION PROCESS. THE GMX-322 WILL PROPERLY
PROVIDE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR YOUR UPGRADED RADIO." -CoastalETech

I will find out this weekend when I start my install. The only question I still have; and I am sure it is somewhere in this thread, is:

On the NAV head unit i think C1 pins 4 and 5 with 4 being voice recog and 5 being it's low reference connect to the VCIM, please confirm.

Which pins on the VCIM connector do I connect to?

Also, where should I connect the drain wire? On the VCIM connector or the head unit connector or both? I am using a twisted shielded wire with a drain.

Thanks.
Old March 26th, 2009, 7:26 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The lockpick probably picks up the vss through the data line and emulates it. many intergration modules do this when adding an aftermarket NAV. It should work fine. I have never used a lockpick module, so I can't say for sure.

The ONLY thing that the OnStar harness provides is voice recognition. that is it. No more, no Less.

If you want to hook this up, you need to purchase a connector for the VCIM, as this connector is not there if the vehicle is not built with NAV. Its the C3 connector.
Old March 28th, 2009, 3:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Heads up
Old March 28th, 2009, 3:46 PM
CF Junior Member

HEADS UP=I bougt a navi head unit about a month ago off e-bay DENSO#15940102 sir#434225 DW468100-5760 any way i finally got pay pal to refund me $840.00 over $1000.00can so i am sending this thing back to the seller and just incase he trys to resell the thing, it is NO GOOD!! so guy make sure you ask for the ser#. The audio outputs and the cd/dvd parts do not work.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe