Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Hey sonny i just installed my nav unit today in a non bose 2lt.. Says theft lock right now, and its killing me not having music haha. Buthopefully i get it programmed tomm. I Have not installed the amp and new speakers yet so i cant tell ya if i have the same problem as you, but im taking mine to a local profesional who does really good work. Bout to have full JL set up. But i got the 4 channel adpapter from jp customs so the wires plug into the back of the headunit not sure about how the other wiring goes... Ill hit u back once i get it all done should be a few weeks i gotta drive from sc to charlotte nc
Old May 12th, 2008, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

By the way... that damn center wood trim was a damn pain in the *** to take offf.. and i put a big scratch in it on accident..
If anyones wonderig i used 2 spreading knife things that arent sharp.
Aslo for the vss wire install. Soon as you take the black cover off you can see a green/white wire at the top right. THATS NOT IT. its on the back of the box not front.
Old May 12th, 2008, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Treyd 45:
Can you please give me some more info on the VSS wire. I do not fully understand where to tap on to it at.

Thanks,
Mike
Old May 12th, 2008, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

https://chevroletforum.com/upfiles/4...D4DDEC6918.jpgheres is a picture of the back of the wiring box. you take the cover off and turn the box around towards te drivers door and it will be where hte picture shows. How i got the clip onto the wire was i pulled on it till it was loose enough to get in, Was a really tight squeeeze then i got pliers and pushed togheter. with the vss connecotr wire i ran it through the dash ( You can see a opeing to the carpet when you look in. so i feed it thourgh and just tucked it under the carpet by the pedals for an easy clean look. Let me know if u have trouble
Old May 13th, 2008, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Treyd:
Thanks for the photo!
Now just one question will it be the same for a 2008 silverado?If not anyone know where to tap for a truck?

Thanks,
Mike
Old May 13th, 2008, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

It will be the same for the truck.
I went to the dealer today to get my system programed but i have to wait tomm. But they are trying to chrage me 85 dollars....Isnt that kind of a rip off? If anyone in Myrtle beach sc has a tech 2 let me know
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Took my 2lt to the dealer and he said it wont even except programming that its not even compatiable at all... Ive read all these post of non bose vehicles getting it installed without a problem.. im at a loss can someoen help me out
Old May 14th, 2008, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so after the chevy dealership treated me like crap i went to the gmc dealership. 150 bucks later i have a stock nav in a non bose vehicle everything works fine but the sound i still need to put my amp in to get full power. Also i can get the clock to work. everything else works fine. By the way you have to pay 50 bucks to get the vin cleared and a new passcode from GM for it to work.
Old May 14th, 2008, 4:15 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it done! The price was a bit steep, but it is done. If I remember right the first one I added the nav unit to I was charged $40 for everything. That includes clearing out the VIN of the head unit.

Now I just go in and most any programming for radios, cameras, etc. they dont charge me. I guess that is a benefit of a smaller town.
Old May 27th, 2008, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

First let me say that I am very impressed with the information on here. I am involved in a very technical job,,, I have found out tonight as I read through this entire form front to back that there are ALOT more smarter people than me out there. Thanks to all of you for you information. I believe I am going todrink a six packtonight before I go to bed after all this reading. I read through all of the threads tonight so it will take some time for them to sink in ,,, I also cut and pasted all relevent posts onto a word document which ended up being 10 pages worth. I know alot of the questions have been answered, however I wanted to see if anyone had any tips or special suggestions that haven't been posted yet for the following situation.

2007, Tahoe, Lt, Bose, rear dvd package, xm, onstar.

I have the 15940102 and factory back up cam ready to be installed, not sure if I have the module ,,, I am going to check.

As I begin the process I will try and document everything and help anyone that I can as I am sure I will have some questions along the way.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe