Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2008, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

got a nav system from ebay....i currently have the rear entertainment system in my 2007 avalanche z71 with the basic amfmxm radio......what else do i need and how do i install. it has the rear beep alarm, does that mean the bAck up camera is already there
Old October 25th, 2008, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and successfully installed the OEM Nav system. But now my rear entertainment system (DVD) doesn't seem to work. What should I do?? Thanks!
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Did you get the Nav w/ a DVD player? It will have a DVD symbol on the lower corner.
Old October 31st, 2008, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Hello all. New member here. I work at a chevy dealer and we had a few tahoes broken into recently. So i have 3 antennas and harnesses that are new. We installed new factory units, so they come in the box with the new nav units. Since the units already come with nav it is not needed. If anyone is looking for the factory antenne and harness drop me a line.
Old November 7th, 2008, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, I read all 37 pages, and I haven't heard anyone else mention the problems I am having, I cannot hear my turn signals, I cannot see out of my rearview camera, except the words on top about checking surroundings, and my traction control is not working. I got my kit off of e-bay, here's the link of what I got, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T&viewitem= and I had a dealership install it all, but it was on theft lock until I took it back and had them put it on the Tech2 as an 06 Monte Carlo. He is not very good at programming all of this so he will work with me and basically try whatever I come up with. As for the low sound, I do realize I have to install a four channel amp.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

ZX1100F1,

I read your original post in this thread and I tried to email you but I received and error returning the message from your email address. I think you last posted in Mayof this yearso you may be long gone, but I'll take a chance that you still read these posts.

In your original post you talked about removing the top dash panel to install the OEM Nav system. I'd appreciate a little more info on thepanel removal. I had a freak thing happen over the weekend, I accidentally dropped a small Bluetooth GPS receiver down in the defrost vent in the top dash. I made a new post in this forum here: https://chevroletforum.com/m_81606/tm.htm and then I decided it would have been easier just to email you.

From reading your post it looks like it will be easy to remove the panel. The tahoe isn't mine and the owner is worried we're gonna tear up her car by removing the panel. She thinks there will be rattles after we put it back together.

Anyway, can you describe in a little more detail about removing the panel. Are the clips plastic that might get stripped? Do you know where I can print out a diagram of the panel so I can prove it will be easy to remove?

Thanks for your time.

Old November 27th, 2008, 9:02 PM
CF Junior Member

I don't want to hijack, but has anyone had an issue with the new nav disk screwing up the function / not allowing the GM Lockpicks to work. I cant find any threads on this issue.
Thanks
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

I see that JP Customs is no longer in Business, any ideas for the Harness?

Thanks
Old January 5th, 2009, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

hi i have a 2009 sierra denali with out the navigation option i just got on ebay the navigation radio with theP/N:25894202it has the option for the rear camara do you know how to installe it on my truck and if it will work?
Old January 5th, 2009, 9:07 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Might ask in the main forum for the pickups. Or post here in the main section.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe