Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2009, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Hope I am doing this right I am new. I have been reading and reading about trying to install a nav into my 08 GMC Duramax (No bose). I have taken it to 3 dealers to get the theft lock removed and none of them could do it. Can you please let me know what to do. I have read about JP customs wiring harness but no one posts a web address or phone number and I cant find it on google. Im not even sure that I need this. The model number of the nav is 20790838. Do I have to install the bose system? Again please help thanks so much.
Old January 12th, 2009, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

2007 silverado, new body style, oem dvd navigation with bose and rear entertainment, had to remove my rear view camera(after market license plate frame camera) due to new AZ laws and found out the joker that installed it did a butcher job on the wiring, actually cut the low reference (UE1) input. my question is what is this for and what exactly does the remote infra red signal do that is part of the 3 wire input for the rear camera?
Old January 13th, 2009, 4:45 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Why doesn't AZ allow rear cameras?

Could the infrared be for nite illumination? I know on my Tahoe with the lites out, it still looks like daylite on the display. I just assumed they were using IR for illumination.
Old January 13th, 2009, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

AZ allows rear view cameras but they just passed a law that makes it illegal to obstruct the word "arizona" on your license plate, and since my rear view camera was a license plate mounted rear view camera that obstructed the word arizona i had to take it off, either that or pay a 150.00 fine which i dont need. Oh, and by the way, i screwed up when i read the wiring chart, i dont need to know what the infrared input is, i was trying to find out what the variable speed input was (which i now know).

But, i still dont know what the low resistance input is for onstar (which is on the 14 pin connector C1), the bozo before me disconnected it entirely (actually pushed the pin out of the connector and taped it back so it wouldnt short out), i am trying to figure out why he did this.
Old January 13th, 2009, 8:45 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Anyway you could mod the bracket so you could keep your camera?
Old January 13th, 2009, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

I am going to the dealer at the end of the week to get the nav i bought unlocked, I am thinking of asking to have the backup camera function unlocked while i am there (for near future install),also it is a 3 hour drive to this dealer.... The question is how do i convince him to do it on a truck when it was not a factory option?? do they have to trick the program in TIS to think it is a Tahoe or and 09 truck??? I would not think backup cam would be in there for an 07 since they did not offer backup cams until 09. Also will they need a "download" from gm to do any of the above programming, he told me to come early and that it may take a couple hours if they need a "download" from gm????? No expert on tech 2 just want to be "armed" w/ all info as possible if they give me crap...

thanks,
[align=right][/align]

Post #: 1
Old January 13th, 2009, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

i forgot to put down i have an 07 2500hd ltz
Old January 13th, 2009, 8:51 PM
CF Active Member

Gm has changed the software programing options. As a tech we can no longer program a Nav radio for non amplified. The radio must be non-amplified, or amplified. If you have UQA option in your glove box then it is amplified (regular non lux), If you have UQA with Y91 it is Lux amplified, If you do not have UQA but have UQ3 then it is not amplified.
If your vehicle is not amplifed (UQ3) then the NAV radio with RSE (rear seat video output) and Dolby Digital DTS on the lower right front face of the radio, can be unlocked but you will only hear a very low volume of sound. Sound can be controled but it will be very low. You can always add an aftermarket amp to compensate for the low volume issue. The factory amps are always on when the vehicle is on.
Those of you who have a Tahoe/Silverado/Avalanche or Suburban with amplified try the following.
Turn of your radio while you are driving real slow or parked, turn off ac/heater blower and listen to the slight hiss comming from the speakers (drivers tweeter is closest) and you will also hear a slight engine whine from the speakers. The engine whine is usually louder when you are putting an etreme load on the charging system. The amps seem to be on at all times thekey ison so there is no amp turn on delay if Onstar is needed.
Old January 19th, 2009, 1:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 sierra denali

hi i installed an oem navigation radio part number:25894202 tha radio and dvd work fine i also installed the gps anttena but the navigation dose not work properly first of all it dose not give you the voice commands thats ok i really dont need it but the thing that i need to work is the navigation and it dosent work properly its working like if you are driving to the sides the red triangle is looking east not north as it sopose to can any one help me with this problem thankyou.
Old January 31st, 2009, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by joic0205
hi i installed an oem navigation radio part number:25894202 tha radio and dvd work fine i also installed the gps anttena but the navigation dose not work properly first of all it dose not give you the voice commands thats ok i really dont need it but the thing that i need to work is the navigation and it dosent work properly its working like if you are driving to the sides the red triangle is looking east not north as it sopose to can any one help me with this problem thankyou.
I had the same problem. You have to make the connection to the vehicle speed signal for the Nav system to work properly. As you may have read in this thread, the VSS is picked up on the rear of a junction block GM calls "Junction Block - Left I/P" under the dash on the drivers side. VSS is available on plug X2 pin H1. It's a green wire with a white trace. If you did not buy a VSS harness with your equipment, you need to find a source.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe