Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

I have the JP Customs Module and the latest GM Lockpick. I have voice prompts for guidancebut it won't recognize any voice prompts I attempt to add to the address book. Otherwise works like a charm, except for one dumb question...Is there a way to just turn on the NAV feature without having to turn on the AM/FM/XM portion of the radio like you can with Pioneer and Eclipse units?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 4:50 PM
CF Junior Member

If you find a way to turn on just the NAV, let us know. From my experience, you cannot do this.

mkinder
Old September 10th, 2007, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

anyone in suthtern CA interested to make some money installing my navigation system in a 2007 chevy suburban LT and camera also
I live in San Diego CA. please contact me at 619 726- 6873 any time. only experience people give me a quote.
Old September 12th, 2007, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

ok everybody, i have decided to install a factory nav into my 08 silverado, versus a pioneer unit. i have a few questions, and yes i have looked at every post in this thread. i have a 08 silverado non-bose, non-dvd. what unit do i need, i want to install headrest monitors (aftermarket)?also does anyone know the wattage on the factory bose amp? this would be nice to know, so that i can accurately match factory......lol.

thanks for the info in advance.
Old September 20th, 2007, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe in Hawaii And some good info on Legit Lockpicks.

Hello,

I have purchased the OEM Nav, Antenna, and acouple of lock picks, one is the GM IPOD lock pick, where itallows me to use my touch screen to pick and play music and videos on my NAV. from my Iphone. This also works on all IPODS. and the other is to unlock the navigation/DVD while the vehicle is in motion. These are 2 very good products. Here is the web sites: www.coastaletech.com. They are awesome to deal with and very knowledgeable on Yukons, Tahoes, and any other vehicle. My Lock picks plug straight into the OEM harnesses, no splicing or cutting wires. My question is when I do the Tech II do I use the same info you put in here, even if I live in Hawaii. or should i use another region? Here is what you put on the posting is this applicable to me here in Hawaii."w/o Y91 option the 2 times it asks and also select "region 1 NTSC”. Here is the kicker, I leave Hawaii in 3 months headed back to the mainland for good. What is your recommendations?

The next thing is I got free Navigation Disks, I don't know why, ( I was prepared to buy) but I went to this web site www.gmnavdisk.com gave them my VIN and they said I was authorized two free NAV update Disks. I was surprised since I did not have Navigation in my vehicle when I bought it. So I had them send me free of charge the Hawaii Navigation Disk and the new updated USA Disk. Originally these disks cost 199.00 each. Maybe since I have the top of the line Yukon, all the bells and whistles besides the NAV they think I had one. But who knows, hey its worth a try....If not those disks are very hard to find, and no guarantee they are originals. So happy hunting on Disks..

BIGGRUSS69
Old September 22nd, 2007, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Is anybody having any issues with the VSS. I installed a new OEM Nav unit, how do I know if the VSS is hooked up. Theperson I bought the OEM Nav unit from, stated that if I went from a OEM unit that did not have nav, then when I put in the NAV unit make sure I hook up the VSS. The install was straight forward it was plug and play. So how do I know if the VSS is hooked up or not?I know I need the VSS hooked up to get accurate reading off the NAV system. Please help///
Old September 22nd, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chances are that it doesn't. If you only connected 2 plugs and the other two are not, then the VSS wire is not connected. If you look at this entire tread, Im sure that you can get a idea on how to hook it up. It's helped me. hope this helps
Old September 23rd, 2007, 2:58 AM
CF Beginner

No I hooked up three connections, and the only one that was left open was a brown plug, I think it is for the XM Radio, becasuse I don't have the tuner behind the glove box.

but thanks for the advice...
Old September 23rd, 2007, 6:30 AM
CF Beginner

I just order the 2007 JP harness kit for VSS. I heard they do not sell the Voice harness anymore for onstar. You were right I did not hook up the VSS.
Old September 24th, 2007, 6:43 PM
e
CF Senior Member

what is option Y91?

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe