Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2007, 2:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

[align=left]New member.. I have a ltz w/ out rear entertainment. I just bought a nav unit ending in 66. Will this work w/out having the rear dvd ? On the back of the nav unit it has places for four plugs and i only have two plugs. any input would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to waste anymore money if this nav unit will not work.
[/align][align=center] [/align]
Old August 15th, 2007, 9:47 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, It will work just fine. that is the unit with DVD playback. You can watch dvd's in park with that unit. You don't need the factory rear screen connected or the other two plugs for the CD/DVD/FM/AM/XM to work.
You will have to have the GPS antenna connected for the Navigation or the clock to work. Also you would want to connect the speed sensor so the navigation would be more precise. You will need to get the theftlock remove if its a used or like new unit.

The first two plugs are for power, data, and sound. The third plug is for connecting additional screens or aux video/audio input. The fourth plug is for rear camera, and the speed sensor wire. there is a small round plug away from the other ones that is for the gps sensor for the navigation. And of course, you need the MAP dvd if you want to use the naviagtion. I belive it may work without the speed sensor wire connected but the navigation might be off alittle bit.

I have the LT1 that didn't come with navigation or rear dvd. With the help of this forum, I was able to make it happen. Just look through this thread or use the search function and you will find everything you need to know. hope this helps
Old August 17th, 2007, 2:50 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks rruelas appreciate the info. i have everything but the speed sensor and map disc. i was going to try it w/out the speed sensor first and see how it works. can i buy the speed sensor / plug at the dealer? thanks for ur help. [align=left] [/align]
Old August 17th, 2007, 9:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you can buy it from Dealer or JP Customs. I bought my plugs from JP Customs. You can find their contact information on this tread or do a search on the web. If your planing on buying the Coastal Tech LOCKPICK so your front seat passenger can watch dvd's or enter addresses on the Navigation while your driving, you can tap into the plug that comes with it instead of buying the plugs.
Old August 21st, 2007, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

BigLg or others,
JP customs is out of the harness that goes from the onstar to back of Nav. does anyone have an extra one or one that decided not to use, I'd like to buy it.
Thanks
Randy
Old August 21st, 2007, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: unleashed85

I installed the 102 unit in my non bose tahoe. If you buy a lockpick you dont need the wireing harness for turn by turn nav or for the voice recognition.

I just spliced the correct wires on the lockpick wireing harness. I'll try to take some pics today when I work on it again.
Unleased, Can you tell me how to get voice recognition w/o the JP Customs harness. I do have the LockPick box.
Thanks
Randy
Old August 24th, 2007, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

The DVD/CD player in my 2007 LTZ quit. The dealer says I need to replace the entire unit (display & all) for $1700. Is this true, or can I just get the DVD/CD replaced?
Old August 29th, 2007, 9:58 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You might get a better response if you post this as a new thread.
Old September 1st, 2007, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Dear Forum

Purchased a 15940102 on eBay.Unit showed up as an older15882766.It had been deinstalled from a '07 GMC Yukon. I own a '07 ChevyAvalanche.

1. Is there any major difference between these untis (should I complain)?
2. Can I change the startup picture from GMC to Chevrolet using the Tech 2 programming?

Nikolaj
Old September 1st, 2007, 9:47 AM
CF Junior Member

The 102 and 66 model are the same as far as I know.. I dont think there is a single difference, I could be wrong, but dont think I am.

mkinder

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe