Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2008, 4:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

I don't know if they NEED it but your dealer is asking to ensure it is not stolen. See another dealer or print/show a reciept.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 6:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the whole theory on the theftlock is to prevent someone installing a stolen radio. The problem is that what if someone sells a stolen radio on ebay? Even though you paid for it in good faith, it would still be hot.

Unless someone reports it stolen, how would the dealer know. As some of the other people suggested, just take some proof that you actually bought it and didn't steal it.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

hey guys, what a great forum. very, very helpful. installed the Nav in my 07 tahoe with rear dvd. Nothing was working initiallyso I thought I had installed it wrong or bought a bad unit (got it on eBay). After about 3 weeks (no kidding) the map finally found the satellites and just started working. Everything seems to be functioning, but there is still a red slash through the GPS. anyone know what this means and how I can get rid of it? thanks again!
Old February 23rd, 2008, 1:41 PM
CF Junior Member

That slash through GPS means that it has not fully acquired all the satellites. It should eventually go away. But then again, if it took three weeks at first, it could take another three weeks now.

All in all, this gps is about three years behind the Garmin Nuvi's.
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Can anyone here confirm that the Nav P/N 25797978 can be programed and work in a 07 Suburban? Thanks.
Old April 20th, 2008, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Hi All, Great Thread! OK I have a 2008 LT3 Avalanche with 6 disk Bose and no rear ent.

A buddy of mine has a 2008 Silverado Crew with Nav with rear BU Cam and with Rear Ent, he doesn't want it, he wants JUST a 6 disk changer, so I would swap him for a couple grand.

My question is, can the car dealer swap ALL parts necesary to make this work? Or do I need to buy stuff like VSS and camera module, harness etc etc. Also, are the headliners the same? Or do I need to buy him a new headliner without a hole in it

Thank you in VERY much

-Henny
Old April 20th, 2008, 8:47 AM
e
CF Senior Member

I think a couple of grand as in $2000, seems to much to pay for the Factory Nav System.
You will need to deal with the headliner and the hole after removal. Im not positive ifthey are thesame between the Crew Cab and Avalanche, took a look and see. If they are, you could swap them out. Don't forget about the harness. Im not sure if the harness iswrapped in with other harness' so removing it might be a problem. I dont think you can get it at the dealership either. Someone chime in here about this.
They dealership is not going to be too excited about doing the swap. You might get a couple custom shop to do it, if your not able to.
Also the other problem is that the tailgate handles are different between the two, so no swapping there.
Also dont forget to figure in the cost for unlocking both radios at the dealership. Around $60-$120 each.
Not trying to scare you away from the project but just making you aware,
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

I hate to bump an old thread, but I just want to thank Zx for all his help. I am the proud new owner of a Silverado non-bose w/ Nav system installed. I actually have it in the dealership as I type this, and am hoping the tech 2 guy gets everything right. Thanks alot guys, you rule.
Old April 24th, 2008, 7:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Did you install a 4 channel amp? Did you use the PAC OEM-1 GM1416 interface? If you did both, did you retain all chimes? If you have lost anything let me know.
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: sonnys007

Did you install a 4 channel amp? Did you use the PAC OEM-1 GM1416 interface? If you did both, did you retain all chimes? If you have lost anything let me know.
Yes sir I did. As a matter of fact, the only thing I am currently missing is the Nav Disc. I'll pick it up when there's a little more cash to squander (and the little wife has cooled down a bit ) I bought the head unit model #25846421 from ebay, picked up the GM1416 and VSS wire from JPcustoms, and the GPS antenna from GM. As I am not much of an audiophile, picked up a Kicker ZX200 4 channel amp, just enough to pick up the factory speakers. A good buddy and I just finished the amp install but a few hours ago, my only concern is that once the truck is shut down, around 15 seconds later there is a large "thump" through the speakers, as if the Nav/stereo is just shutting down. This also happens when I first turn it on. Any advice?

[edit]

Whoops, forgot to answer your question, so far, yes, I can hear all the chimes and whistles.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe