Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2012, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JStickle - I feel your pain..

I'm in a similar boat with a 2011 Yukon that didn't originally have Nav. However, there is a solution (or so I'm told). Go to ebay and search for VSS/VOICE HARNESS this includes the wires that are not on our non Nav vehicles.

This should restore your voice recognition.

I say "or so I'm told" as I'm waiting on my harness to arrive and will probably put it in this weekend. I was put onto this solution from a post on the Tahoe Yukon Forum, here is the link. Lack of NAV voice prompts - Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum

Good Luck

Regards
JW
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

question,for you all!

i found the oem nav unit for 400$

to buy,now ,i have a quick question,

does the nav unit work 100% with the xm,sirius,onstar and also i have bose system?! will it work?

and my sec question ,is ,the unit does it have bluetooth? to conect my phone so i can make it handsfree while driving?

and will this: work for my 2007 tahoe based on those numbers:

Name:  IMG_2394.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  24.6 KB

thank you,
regards,
bosanci28

Last edited by bosanci28; April 25th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by basil562
do you know from where i can get a stock navigation system for a 2012 tahoe for cheap
I realize this is an old request, but thought I'd share for anyone interested going forward. I just installed a FlyAudio unit in my 2013 Tahoe, sold through Amazon by Simplesoft for $599. It is plug and play for all existing bluetooth, onstar, steering, etc. I'm very happy with the Navigation and media supported features like Ipod, USB, external Aux video, Internal DVD, rear screen support. The only non-plug and play was locating and splicing into the factory camera wires to plug into the HU RCA connections. Camera wires are pins 6(white) and 7(blue) from rearview mirror connection.
Old November 5th, 2012, 2:36 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

So you know what nav system they use? Like is it Garmin, Tomtom, etc.
Old November 6th, 2012, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

EBAY REP at GandR AUTO PARTS OKC's Avatar

Smile Here are some OEM NAV units for your 2012 Tahoe...

Originally Posted by basil562
do you know from where i can get a stock navigation system for a 2012 tahoe for cheap
There are several units that were made for this vehicle, so please ensure compatibility before purchase by calling your dealership (have your VIN). All listed are about half or less of the dealership price...

AM-FM-stereo-DVD-NAV-CAF-Voice Recognition-USB-Aux Jack
(opt GMQ)

GM 20992774 Hollander Inv # 638-03742
*call 1-888-661-6555 (location: Canada)
GM 22873182 Hollander Inv # 638-03743
*call 1-800-442-1031 (location: Texas)

AM-FM-XM-stereo-CD-DVD-CID-RDS-NAV-Voice Recognition-USB
(opt UYS)

GM 22815130 Hollander Inv # 638-03744
*none available at this time in the Hollander inventory system
GM 22856825 Hollander Inv # 638-03745
*call 1-800-356-0123 (location: Michigan)
GM 22870863 Hollander # 638-03871
*call 1-800-678-3377 (location: Oklahoma)

Hope this helps!
Old November 10th, 2012, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

It's FlyAudio and can be updated through the Micro-SD front slot. Updates are downloaded from https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default OEM NAV Install in a NonBos system

After doing alot of research on this site and trial an error. I finally installed a Bose OEM navigation radio in my 2009 Non Bose Chevy Avalanche that was not equipted with a navigation system. I bought a used unit for $400 on ebay part #1594102/15882766. In order to install a NAV unit you must have an navigation antena, VSS wiringing harness & Onstar VCIM. If you have a NonBose system as I have you must also add an amplifier inorder for the unit to be loud enough for you to hear it. You will need the PAC AOEM-GM1416 amplifier interface and at least a 4 channel amplifier. You can buy all of these things on ebay and even Bestbuy inexpensively. If you buy the head unit used or salvaged then once installed it will go into theftlock mode. I have found that very few people on this site were able to find a dealership that was tech savvy enough to figure out how to unlock the unit. I was one of the unlucky ones after three attempts at different dealers without luck. I did what I should have from the beginning. I sent it out to a service I found on ebay global-auto-tech.com. They only charge $40 to test and program the unit with your VIN. The dealership charges $125 with no guarantee that they can get the unit unlocked most often then can not. So avoid the hassel buy it online then send it out initially to be tested and programed. After that everything else is simple install and plug and play. They can program any head unit to work in different models and years. Bose or NonBose can work any vehicle if programmed to do so. Turn by turn nav works perfectly and sounds great. OnStar and all steering wheel controls are operational. This is instructions for those of us who prefer the factory look and feel of original equiptment. The after market units and name brand upgrades require a lot of different items to hook them up even when they say plug and play and effect your trade-in-value. If you are still in warranty may nullify your warranty.
Old November 12th, 2012, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default OEM navigation option

The Flyaudio unit sold by simplesoft on Amazon includes all cabling for a plug and play connection with all options that came with my 2013 Tahoe. No need to purchase any mounting kit, GPS antenna (comes with HU), VSS (built into plug-N-play cabling), lockpick kit (Menu set-able), and menu allows for Bose or non-Bose amplified system. Installs in 30 minutes or less. All onstar, backup warning, bluetooth, steering controls, and any other Tahoe packaged sound effects worked perfectly without any additional parts needed. Best of all, no VIN prgramming required and passenger can use Navigation or view DVD movie while driving without a $300 lockpick kit to unlock these safety features. My dad works for Chevy and cannot tell the difference between stock OEM Nav and this unit.

You would think I work for Flyaudio, but I'm just that happy with the results of my install and have read through many other unhappy experiences. I did a lot of research and wanted to pass on to anyone else looking into a Nav system. They have OEM NAV models for most makes and year model vehicles.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Simsd -

I bought the same model and have installed it as directed but no sound comes out. I have the amp turned on, even turned the car off then opened the doors to automatically shut off the unit and supposedly keep the units memory but no luck. I bought a unit off of Amazon ($599) from SimpleSoft and had the exact same experience as it was installed at Best Buy, the tech couldn't figure it out. I thought the unit was bad so I returned it then bought one off EBay ($299), it was on sale. I had the tech leave the trim piece off because I saw how easy it was to connect that I would do it myself. Everything is connected properly but still NO SOUND. Can anyone help?
Old December 4th, 2012, 7:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default Simplesoft Forum for Flyaudio Nav system

This forum is very helpful with installation and features.
SimpleSoft LLC • View forum - GMC,Buick,Chevy (E8059...)

There are instruction to enable the the audio for Sirius/XM radio factory replaced HUs, but don't know if this would effect all audio output. The instructions tell you to connect a couple pairs of RCA connections together in the back of the unit. This is the link to that thread. SimpleSoft LLC • View topic - GMC,Buick,Chevy Factory XM Installation

There is also a Flyaudio site that has some information and includes a download tool that you can install the manufacture's Logo on the bootup screen (click on the function link to download the tool). Nice to see the Bowtie, when turning on the vehicle! FLYAUDIO CORPORATION--

Last edited by simsd; December 4th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe