Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2009, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question non bose dvd/nav

is there a non bose dvd/nav and if so does anybody know the part number or numbers?? any help greatly appreciated!!
Old February 27th, 2009, 7:46 PM
CF Active Member

NON bose nav/dvd is not available. When they first came out they could be programed for non amplified, amplified or lux bose amplified. GM took away the option for non BOSE Audio programing.
Old February 28th, 2009, 7:00 PM
CF Junior Member

thanks shamnvw for the help i ended buying a vss from oem-gm-radios for $68.00us + shipping. the guy says it is also pre-wired for the back up cam.know i would like to get one hooked up i looked under the pass seat and i dont think i have the right module.what can i do can i get it or a after market one that will work with the factory system?
Old March 1st, 2009, 6:50 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

go aftermarket...way cheaper\easier.
The connector you are getting will probably have an RCA lead attached to it....just power the cam from the reverse lights, and plug in the RCA
Old March 1st, 2009, 2:50 PM
CF Junior Member

how can i get it to work on the nav screen? and yes the harness has a rca where can i find one or what is the one i should use.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Non Bose DVD/NAV

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
NON bose nav/dvd is not available. When they first came out they could be programed for non amplified, amplified or lux bose amplified. GM took away the option for non BOSE Audio programing.
Charlie, Can I get one of the first ones that could be programed, non amplified? Will it work in 08 Silverado LT non Bose? Thanks for the help. David Cole
Old March 2nd, 2009, 7:55 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

a google search turned up this website.

http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/backup-cameras.html

The one that I use is similar to the RVC1000, its pretty close to the size of the factory, and it'll mount in the factory location.
You need to have the dealer reprogram your radio to turn on the backup cam
Old March 2nd, 2009, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

I am still waiting for my head unit to arrive ups sucks I bought this thing feb 15 it was soppose to be here to day I am in EDMONTON CANADA I have been reading these threads for a wihle know each one is a little different but i hope when the time comes i will be good to go.So when i take this in to the dealer to get it unlocked ,can they unlock the camera part before the camera in stall? Also how do i get a thread started i plan to take pics of this install?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by dac44444
Charlie, Can I get one of the first ones that could be programed, non amplified? Will it work in 08 Silverado LT non Bose? Thanks for the help. David Cole
The option for programing these NAV radio's is no-longer available in GM TIS 2 WEB. As long as your vehicle is amplified, it does not need to be Bose amplified, NAV radio can be programed to work with the vehicle.
If not then you will need to add a aftermarket amp or OE amp.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default dvd/nav non bose

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
the option for programing these nav radio's is no-longer available in gm tis 2 web. As long as your vehicle is amplified, it does not need to be bose amplified, nav radio can be programed to work with the vehicle.
If not then you will need to add a aftermarket amp or oe amp.
charlie, do you know if my vehicle is amplified? How do i find out? What can i do to get dvd/nav to work? If i add an amplifer will i need to install new speakers? Will oem speakers blow with amplifier? Any thing else you think might be helpfull? Thanks. David cole

Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe