Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

iConnect for iPod and 07' GM's

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2006, 2:04 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: iConnect for iPod and 07' GM's

This company sure seems to have a strange business plan.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 2:58 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I'm not the only person to notice that. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure it out.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 1:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how hard was it to install....what do u do to operate? The website wasnt too helpful on the technical side of things and none of the videos worked for me either. I agree with the strange business plan. I emailed them questions as well but havent heard back. If you have the install instrucions, I am curious about that too. With so many other "toys" hooked up I'd like to see how this integrates as well and how easy or difficult install was and operation while driving, etc.

Thanks for the help...and if you didnt get the GM LockPick yet...I highly recommend it too...for DVD watching in the front.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 1:51 AM
CF Senior Member

I do have the GMLockPick installed already. Mine is the second generation where I don't have to press the steering wheel control, it's all automatic. Do you have the first generation or second?

As far as the iConnect unit goes. I should get it via FedEx tomorrow, and I'm going to do the install as soon as it gets to me. It should be very simple to install, and you may not even have to pull the head-unit out at all. I spoke to JP Customs today and they tell me that the XM box is actually behind the glove box. All you have to do is pull the glove box door down. (It's kinda' double jointed and folds completely down but still stays on its hinge.) Once exposed the iConnect box is plug n' play. You're basically putting the iConnect in between the head-unit and the XM module.)

I'll let you know tomorrow and I'll try to be aware enough to take pictures as I'm doing the install.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 2:21 AM
CF Beginner

definitely please let me know how it goes.

The second generation? I just got mine like 3 weeks ago and I have to use the mute button and window lock bypassing. This totally irritates me. While it works great and I am happy with it...I should have gotten the newest version and that company is totally shady! I never got a single return call or email from them....talk about an odd business plan...

How does the new one work compared to mine?
Old December 23rd, 2006, 3:46 AM
CF Beginner

has anyone been able to hook up Ipod Video to their tahoe and be able to play their movies on the rear screen?
Old December 23rd, 2006, 3:50 AM
CF Senior Member

All you need to do that is the $5 audio/video cable for the iPod. Just plug it into the Aux in on the rear entertainment center and you're watching on your rear DVD screen.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

that's it? man i need to RTFM some more or look in the back seat LOL this is what happens when this is the wife's ride
Old December 23rd, 2006, 4:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should have offered him the $100 "interface" and mailed him the RCA jack set-up.[sm=lol.gif]

Amazing how we miss the easy solutions sometimes.I guess were so used to the hassle most of this stuff is.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 9:35 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: dhoughton

how hard was it to install....what do u do to operate? The website wasnt too helpful on the technical side of things and none of the videos worked for me either. I agree with the strange business plan. I emailed them questions as well but havent heard back. If you have the install instrucions, I am curious about that too. With so many other "toys" hooked up I'd like to see how this integrates as well and how easy or difficult install was and operation while driving, etc.
Okay here's the update on the iConnect install. This thing is super easy to install! And you don't have to remove any panels or pull your head-unit out which is frickin' great!

Take all of your stuff out of your glove box, and then you pull your glove box down, there's one little clip on the inside holding it in. Once you pull the glove box down your XM module is right in front of your face. Just unplug the factory harness from the XM module, and plug the factory harness into the iConnect harness, then plug the iConnect harness back into the XM module. Plug the other connector on the iConnect harness right into the iConnect. There's another cable that plugs into the iConnect module, and then the other end goes into your iPod. There are a set of dip switches on the side of the iConnect module that you have to set to work with your vehicle. (Now I do have to say that the install literature, SUCKS! It seems like it goes to older products. The model name on my iConnect didn't match up to anything that was in the install manual. My thoughts are they made one universal product, where as maybe before they had a bunch of other ones? Not too sure.) At any rate I had to set the dip switches to an 06' Suburban in order to get it to work.

For the most part it's actually really self explanatory. (It would have been a perfect install if the install literature were more clear.) The iPod cable is long too! So you can run it to your center console or where ever you like. I kept mine right inside the glove box so I can lock it in there.

I bought an iPod (my first one ever) only for using this device. So now I have to set up some playlists for the iConnect to recognize. It looks like it will only categorize "songs" or playlists. It doesn't look like it lets you find albums or artists. So if you have albums you liked to access in the head-unit you have to set up each album in your iPod as it's own playlist. I'll update everyone once I mess with it all more. I just wanted to get this posted for now.

Pictures are in this order:
iConnect contents out of the package
Close-up of iConnect Module
Close-up of iConnect Harness
Blurry close-up of glovebox release clip
Close-up of XM module

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/B574ADA1EC404401A7263B76AAD26E11.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/834A8C2014854208AB3643518264B012.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/1311E565862B4911A1E073C897AF431A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/D253370456BE42CD8938494C6A21F962.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/D895D2E5F2EF41279EE2C10B061A24CE.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: iConnect for iPod and 07' GM's