Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

iConnect for iPod and 07' GM's

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: iConnect for iPod and 07' GM's

ORIGINAL: TMW597

Yeah, the only thing is, if the iConnect can't handle unlimited playlists, it's kinda' pointless. It sucks to have 8000-10000 all in one folder. Might as well just listen to XM.

What do you mean by this?
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It means exactly what is written. Imagine if your iPod didn't have all of those folders to categorize your music. Imagine, it's just one screen with all of your MP3's in one folder. That's pretty much what the iConnect does. If you have a navigation head-unit you're only going to be able to see 30 or so of your playlists, and that's the limit of the software in the head-unit. iConnect may have been one of the first ones out, but their product is the worst. (In all fairness I don't know how the iConnect operates on a non-navigation unit.)

Check out this thread: https://chevroletforum.com/m_16709/tm.htm especially this one: https://chevroletforum.com/fb.asp?m=18367
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks very much for your info on the iConnect so far -- I'm currently in the process of getting a used 2006 G6 with the XM-capable radio and am figuring out how to best get my iPod hooked up to it, and this thread and the one linked above appear to be the only sources of information on the whole cyberweb on the device besides the manufacturer's own site.

TMW597 or others, can you still use the iPod's own controls while hooked into the iConnect? I'd be fine with the playlist limitations in terms of the head unit if I could still mount the iPod in arm's reach and shift playlists, albums, etc. through it. I guess since I haven't found any other ways of ending up with a simple auxiliary input in the system, I'd otherwise end up getting it just to plug the iPod into its aux-in directly...
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:58 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: evands

Thanks very much for your info on the iConnect so far -- I'm currently in the process of getting a used 2006 G6 with the XM-capable radio and am figuring out how to best get my iPod hooked up to it, and this thread and the one linked above appear to be the only sources of information on the whole cyberweb on the device besides the manufacturer's own site.

TMW597 or others, can you still use the iPod's own controls while hooked into the iConnect? I'd be fine with the playlist limitations in terms of the head unit if I could still mount the iPod in arm's reach and shift playlists, albums, etc. through it. I guess since I haven't found any other ways of ending up with a simple auxiliary input in the system, I'd otherwise end up getting it just to plug the iPod into its aux-in directly...
Sometimes I wish we could delete threads because this would be one, but that would probably defeat the purpose of having a forum right?

Right out the gate evands, make sure you read around a bit before you post, you'll probably find the answer. This is a tough one though because I started this particular thread based on what a product said it could do, BEFORE I actually tested it. (Won't happen again.)

To answer your question, "Can you still use the iPod's own controls while hooked into the iConnect? The answer is no. There are other devices where you can do that though. If you haven't already, take a look at this thread: https://chevroletforum.com/m_16709/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm Read the entire thread, all of the pages, and you should get some good answers.

Old January 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: TMW597
Sometimes I wish we could delete threads because this would be one, but that would probably defeat the purpose of having a forum right?
Could always post "Please see thread X and continue discussion there" along with locking the thread; nobody argues with the lock

Right out the gate evands, make sure you read around a bit before you post, you'll probably find the answer.
*nod* I spent about 4 hours scouring the web, including the forums. The crux of the matter is that I'm looking for a device for my '06 G6 -- a model which seems to be a complete mystery to most of the iPod accessory companies, as they don't mention it for or against.

To answer your question, "Can you still use the iPod's own controls while hooked into the iConnect? The answer is no.
Thanks much.

There are other devices where you can do that though. If you haven't already, take a look at this thread: https://chevroletforum.com/m_16709/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm Read the entire thread, all of the pages, and you should get some good answers.
That device (which I'd looked at previously, too) is pretty much exactly what I want... at the time I posted, the American International site was down, but it appears to be back up now. The Neucleus Catalog indicates that my G6 would be compatible with the NC-GM40B if it has an "Amplified/BOSE Sound System," but I'm not sure how to tell if it does or not. Oddly, the Neucleus Downloads page doesn't even list the NC-GM40B's datasheet.

Other devices available on the web, such as Peripheral Electroncis' PXDPGMT for GM Class 2 Databus vehicles claim to work with most GM factory radios but specifically listed as incompatible the '05 G6... the Application Guide doesn't say anything about the '06 G6 for or against.... which is why I came back to the iConnect.

I've seen both the '05 and '06 G6 with Monsoon systems, and they look nearly identical from the front... but I have no idea if the internals changed or (probably more importantly) if the XM box changed. How do you think I could go about finding out if the PXDPGMT would work in my '06 G6?
Old January 19th, 2007, 2:23 PM
CF Senior Member

I'd just give them a call. Let me know if you can't get through to anyone there. If for some reason you can't PM me an email you would send to them, and I'll forward it to them.
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

For the 'net record: The neucleus is indeed incompatible with all models of the Pontiac G6, according to the rep I got (after 45 minutes on hold).

I guess I'll be going with the iConnect, which appears to be the only option for my car without replacing the head unit; it'll end up being a very expensive auxiliary jack, most likely :P
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
CF Junior Member

So let me see if I understand... The iconnect will allow you to access 30 of my ipod playlist on the nav system? But I can only scroll these using the steering wheel controls if I have the lockpick? If not can I scroll them on the touchscreen?

And how do I toggle between ipod and XM?