Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2014, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram?

2002 Tahoe keeps making the 'key-in-lock' dinging sound, even when the key isn't in there. Otherwise, the rest of the ignition stuff works ok.

New lock/switch assembly is upwards of $250+, so I'm wondering if I can just snip the sense wire for the 'key-in-lock' function, if it's that simple and doesn't cripple something else.

Obviously need to know if that's all it would take, and which wire if so (it's always the blue wire on the spy movies, or is it the red one? Uh-oh).

Haynes book isn't that detailed.

Can anyone help?
Old December 25th, 2014, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

I just saw this link in another post it might help you. Search Wiring Diagrams
Old December 26th, 2014, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the link, it looks very useful. Am digging into it, maybe it'll help with my stereo issues.

Coincidentally, I got the key-ding issue straightened-out. Initially, the key was also very hard to turn, so I squirted some lock-graphite in the slot. Guess I used too much because I evidently shorted out the contacts, which started the dinging. Shot a bunch of air in the hole to clear the extra graphite, and now it works. Wish all of my problems are that easy to solve!

Again, thanks.
Old May 27th, 2021, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default Z71 tahoe ignition switch

Hey I have a 2003 Z71 Tahoe that somebody tried to steal the truck so the lock cylinder and housing and everything is kind of chewed up so I am trying to put a push start in the vehicle trying to figure out some diagrams on how would I be able to install the push start system any suggestions please box me ever let me know cuz I really need to get my truck back up and running is cheap saying that I would have to have a key or something to have it program first but I thought that there was a star system with bypass that
Old December 16th, 2022, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Figure out the ignition with your hoe?

Originally Posted by Adamboy24
Hey I have a 2003 Z71 Tahoe that somebody tried to steal the truck so the lock cylinder and housing and everything is kind of chewed up so I am trying to put a push start in the vehicle trying to figure out some diagrams on how would I be able to install the push start system any suggestions please box me ever let me know cuz I really need to get my truck back up and running is cheap saying that I would have to have a key or something to have it program first but I thought that there was a star system with bypass that

Did you figure out your Ignition and get your truck up and running