Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Installing New Dash in 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2014, 9:33 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by gruvenparts.com
No. I dont think they give a rats *** about my dashboard (or me ever buying another 1 of their products ever again).

Im beyond that in the decision flowchart. Just trying to find instructions for how to replace the dash on my own (since I wont pay GM a single penny more).

I spoke with a awesome dealer today in Atlanta - Capital Cadillac. A guy in service named Scott was really helpful. He said they arent having issues at all with the Escalade dashes, because they are leather covered.

Which leads me to wonder if it would be somehow better to contact a trim shop, like Love's Trim shop, or similar. Have them stitch in a sewn cover that looks like it belongs. Maybe that is the right way to fix this.
That was a question I posed a while back in this thread ( Are Escalade's having this issue) thanks for clearing that up, now is it the same dash just covered with cow or is it a different design OR is it cracking too but not showing due to the covering....?

Can a Caddi dash cover fit in a Tahoe w/o doing the whole dash assembly?
Old May 16th, 2014, 1:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will ask Scott at Capital Cadillac next time Im there picking up door lock actuators...
Old April 22nd, 2015, 7:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Late reply here. Well according to Scott at Capital Cadillac in Marietta, GA, the Escalades are not having the dash cracking issue. And yes you can use a dash cover, but it doesnt look very good since it wont mate with the lower portions of the panel flush, it will be sitting out by the thickness of whatever cover you stick in there.

Does anyone here have removal/replacement instructions for the dash ? Mine is nearly cracked in 2 now.

I need to figure something out.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 7:57 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gruvenparts.com
Late reply here. Well according to Scott at Capital Cadillac in Marietta, GA, the Escalades are not having the dash cracking issue. And yes you can use a dash cover, but it doesnt look very good since it wont mate with the lower portions of the panel flush, it will be sitting out by the thickness of whatever cover you stick in there.

Does anyone here have removal/replacement instructions for the dash ? Mine is nearly cracked in 2 now.

I need to figure something out.
It looks like there is a procedure in the factory manual and on All data HOWEVER it is not a single process , its covered in several stages I'll see what I can do to get something together and posted...
Take a look at this and see if it is explanatory enough and let me know...
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Instrument Panel Upper.docx (115.5 KB, 510 views)
Old April 26th, 2015, 8:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks I will take a look, lots of references to other removal instructions, doesnt look fun and will probably result in lots of expensive trim breaking...
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Administrator

I'll see about putting all the items that need to be removed like the radio bezel, the solar sensor etc all in one place in the DIY section of the forum...