Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

"LT" Trim Power Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2013, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "LT" Trim Power Seat Question

I just bought a 2013 "LT" trim level Subruban. It has the 6 way power adjustable leather seat. My question is this, can I purchase the available 10 way power seat for this trim level and have them swapped out (the 12 way only applies to the LTZ)? Also, does the 10 way power seat have a function where the base of the seat itself can be raised or lowered and not just tilted? I'm 6'-3" and even with tilting the seat base all the way back and having the back part angled pretty far back my head still rubs on the ceiling. I know the 12 way seat has the option of moving the base up and down to create more headroom but I'm not sure if the 10 way power seat does the same. Also, if it does that, what does a seat like that cost?
Old March 11th, 2013, 1:03 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

By any chance do you have a sunroof? It takes about 2"-3" of headroom if you do.

As to the 10-way going up/down, basically you use the tilt button and just lower both the front and back. Not sure if the LT version cabling will support the 10-way and if it does, you'll most likely need the dealer to do some programming.

As to cost, it depends on where you get it.
Old March 12th, 2013, 7:35 AM
CF Beginner

I do have the sunroof. Really didn't want it but that's what it came with. I can't go with the 12 way power seat as it's a different type of leather than the "LT" trim. From all my research I don't think the 10 way has an option to lower/raise just the base of the seat but only adjusts angles. I didn't realize how much head room the sunroof would eat up.
Old March 12th, 2013, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

By any chance do you have a sunroof? It takes about 2"-3" of headroom if you do.

As to the 10-way going up/down, basically you use the tilt button and just lower both the front and back. Not sure if the LT version cabling will support the 10-way and if it does, you'll most likely need the dealer to do some programming.

As to cost, it depends on where you get it.
I would just order it through the dealership but have no idea what it would cost plus labor. I'm not even sure if just being able to tilt the front & back would be enough where as the 12 way power seat will physically drop the whole seat down in addition to the rest of the buttons being able to maniupulate the angles. I guess I should at least call the dealership to see if they even would know and how much it would cost. I'm guessing the whole new power seat itself would cost around $500+ and the labor another $250+ at least.
Old March 12th, 2013, 9:32 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

If you go full down tilt, front and back, that's as low as the seat will go. I've got an LTZ and there's no up/down function.
Old April 13th, 2014, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue. Is there a way to lower the entire seat assambly?