Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Malfunctioning door locks on 2015 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2023, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malfunctioning door locks on 2015 Suburban

Hi,
Hoping to find some help/advice here. A few months back, my battery died and since then, all of my door locks are malfunctioning when I open my door (without being cranked) and also after placing car in park or opening door (when car is running). It repetitively locks and unlocks - sometimes once or twice…other times, 4 times back to back. When I close my driver’s door, that door will stay ulocked, but all of the other doors and the hatch door lock - I have to leave my driver door open for the other doors to stay unlocked. It’s so annoying and bizarre.
I took to the dealership thinking the electrical system needed to be reprogrammed and they called and told me that was unsuccessful. They told me they would now need to trace wires for a possible short. My husband is very mechanically inclined, but does anyone know where I could find a wire map of the system and what wires he should start with first? And the best way to troubleshoot for a short? The dealership said they would need to go wire by wire and assess for a short and that could get extremely pricey. Shocker.