Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Modifications on my 07

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2006, 5:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifications on my 07

With the help of this site, I have made the following modifications to my 07 LTZ 4x4. I'll give you my feed back on each, as I found your thoughts and ideas most helpful.

1. AIRAID intake system - Easy to install...sounds great...some noticable pickup...too early to tell if the mpg is improved.
2. GM Lockpick - A MUST HAVE. Easy to install (hardest thing is getting the plastic cover around the radio off intact)...GREAT feature.
3. 2" leveling kit from Skywalker - An easy way to level your Tahoe, and it gives it a nice aggressive look. No change to the drive.
4. BF Goodrich all-terrain TA KO 285/55/20 - My favorite tire on the road. I've had them on 3 previous 4x4's. No rub with leveling kit.
5. Magnaflow exhaust- Great sound - Learn from me: I cut off the resonator and added the MF muffler with dual out...VERY loud in the cab. I had to go back and add a resonator that took out the drone at 70mph @ 2000 rpm... Sounds and looks GREAT now.
6. Changed the front and back bowties to all chrome. Easy to do, and looks awesome. My wife even noticed and she usually misses these types of things.

Again, I got alot of input from this site. Thanks!

I'll post a few pics when I can.
Old October 16th, 2006, 7:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Modifications on my 07

If you could do it all over would you just buy the muffler with the duel tip?
Old October 16th, 2006, 7:36 PM
CF Junior Member

If I had to do it all over again, I would leave on the factory resonator, although I have no idea how that would sound. As far as the dual tip, I prefer a tail pipe with tip behind each back tire, angled a bit... I'm not big on two pipes on one side. Is this what you were asking?
Old October 16th, 2006, 8:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which magnaflow did you use?
Old October 16th, 2006, 9:56 PM
CF Addict

What is the GM lock pick?

Can you provide the link the front bowtie emblem you put on your tahoe? Thanks.
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:50 PM
CF Junior Member

I'll get back with you tomorrow on the MagnaFlow... I can't remember the model but I have the paperwork at my office... The Lockpick unlocks the front DVD screen while in drive, unlocks the Destination feature of the navigation while in drive, and allows XM scrolling while in drive... I bought the chrome bowties on ebay from autoaccessories4u.com. Do a search on ebay and you'll find it easily.
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
CF Active Member

Did you put a resonator on each run? I have duals also. I got the Flowmaster 40 series and have been very pleased with the sound. However I was also thinking of adding a resonator just to keep the drone down a bit while cruising on the highway. Not sure if I'd need 2 of them or not.

~digdug
Old October 17th, 2006, 7:44 AM
CF Junior Member

I don't have true duals from the cat back. What I have is: catalytic converter->resonator->magnaflow (single line in - dual out)->one pipe to going to the left tire and one going to the right. I had the option you mentioned, but didn't want to pay what my guy wanted...
Old October 17th, 2006, 11:50 AM
CF Addict

The resonator is before the muffler? If this is the case you might as well remove the resonator, it isnt doing much of anything! The resonator is made to be placed after the muffler!
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
CF Junior Member

It works...interesting. It took out the cab noise and made a huge difference. Before I put the resonator on, the drone at 70mph was too much... I drove it for 2 days and didn't like it at all. Now you can hardly hear it...

Quick Reply: Modifications on my 07