Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

navigation in 09 tahoe LS. will it work?

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2010, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default navigation in 09 tahoe LS. will it work?

im sure that this question has been asked before, but iv been looking through the forum and cant find any clear info on it. i have a 09 tahoe LS, it DOESN'T have the bose system, but does have bluetooth and rearview reverse camera in the mirror. would i be able to put in the oem navigation with no problems??? thanks
Old January 19th, 2010, 7:51 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

short answer yes, long answer no... your in for a fun project, but if your dedicated, it can be done...
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
short answer yes, long answer no... your in for a fun project, but if your dedicated, it can be done...
If it can be done, is there anyone who would be able to elaborate on how to install an oem navi unit on a vehicle without the bose audio. Or would it be easier to install the bose amp and wiring?

Last edited by DesertSierra; March 27th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 8:12 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well...

there are many threads on here about this, but have you considered after market?

for the price of the OEM one there are many, many aftermarket choices that might be easier to install...
Old March 29th, 2010, 8:21 PM
CF Active Member

+1. I don't know how much "better" an aftemarket nav would be, but it's guaranteed to be a helluva lot easier to get installed and working (cheaper too).
Old March 30th, 2010, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

I purchased this unit from a friend out of his Denali for a really good price. I like the oem look and want to install this one. I took it to a friend who works at the dealer and he told me that he tried to change the vin with the mdi programmer that they use, and he told me that every time he tries, it says: "Connection failed, check connections and retry." Is there anything I would have to do before he reprograms the vin (maybe connect the vss or any other wires)? I have only took out my single disc cd player and plugged in the nav unit (I do not have bose). I have been looking throughout this site for someone who has done this swap and can tell me exactly what to do, but I have only seen bits and pieces of information. Can anyone post the whole process on an install of a Denali (or Escalade) navigation into a non-bose Truck, or SUV?

This website is awesome and would like to thank everyone on it for sharing all their knowledge and helping everyone out (especially me).<O</O