Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need advice on 2010 leather buckets wiring

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2011, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on 2010 leather buckets wiring

Hello alll. Im a newb here on this forum and I hope someone can help me with some info on the Tahoe seats. I have a set of black leather buckets and a 2nd row bench seat I picked up to put in a Bronco I am putting together. The seats are 6 way power seats with the manual lumbar wheel and my question is regarding the wiring and fuse sizes. The passenger seat has two wires going to it so I assume that these would be power and ground so probably an easy wire. The driver seat has 4 wires going to it so this one is my concern. So specific questions are:

1) Can I just run these seats with just power and ground?

2) Why is there 4 wires on the drivers side if all the controls are integrated into the seats? Is this for a user memory profile option via CAN or LAN? The passenger seat has a large pink/white stripe wire and a black wire (I am assuming the pink/wht is power and black is ground) and the driver seat has 2 large pink wires, one on each end and then has a small white wire and a small pink wire in the center. No idea or guesses on these wires. Any idea how to wire the driver and passenger seats?

3) Can I just run these seats to battery through a fuse and if so, what size fuse is recommended?

4) Last question. If I get to point where I decide I dont want to cut up the frames and decide to sell these, what is a good price for the buckets? They are literally like brand new as I got them from a wrecked vehicle with less than 2,000 miles last winter. It may be easier for me to sell these and just find a newer Bronco seat set to place in the vehicle from a mounting standpoint.

Any help would be appreciated.
<!-- / message -->
Old January 7th, 2011, 4:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried the search option and I am not finding anything about this. Am I doing something wrong here as a newb on this forum or is this too complicated and I need to just buy a helm wiring diagram for the Tahoe and figure it out? I was hoping someone on here may have access to this info.

If I am doing something wrong here please let me know so I can correct myself.
Old January 7th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I only have access to a 2009 seat but give it a try and see if it makes sense with what you have....
You might get a good price selling them through this forum as for price get at least what you paid for them....
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on 2010 leather buckets wiring-passseat1.jpg