Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need help with understanding wheel size options - easy

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2020, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with understanding wheel size options - easy

All,

I need some direction/advice on replacing the wheels on my 2016 Suburban Z71. I have the OEM wheels and tires, 18 inches. I've been looking at wheel and tire packages on TireRack.com, as well as on eBay.

I am thinking of putting on 22s, but if not then 20s. Can anyone answer the following questions?

1. Can the 2016 Z71 handle 22s? I will probably just have the dealer put them on, but does it mess with the odometer or other settings? What do I need to know? If not, then are 20s fine?

2. Do I need to know anything about the offset? When I put this make and model in Tirerack, a lot of the wheel and tire packages ask me if I want 15mm or 30mm offset. Does this matter? I just want standard.

Any other tips for me would be helpful. Basically, I don't like the look of the 18s and I want a good all around tire/wheel package that still gives me good all around road and highway use. I don't do any offloading, and mild snow in the winter. I know that 22s have less tire which results in less tread, -- but again, its basically road usage.

Thanks guys.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to follow-up on this, if I go to the TireRack.com website and put in wheel and tire package for my vehicle, I found the following option:

Sport Muscle SM34. 22x9. Then it says the offset is +24mm.

It matches that up with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/45R22.

So I can trust that this will work on my 2016 Suburban Z71 LT? The factory install that I had was P265/65R18.

Originally Posted by John5583
All,

I need some direction/advice on replacing the wheels on my 2016 Suburban Z71. I have the OEM wheels and tires, 18 inches. I've been looking at wheel and tire packages on TireRack.com, as well as on eBay.

I am thinking of putting on 22s, but if not then 20s. Can anyone answer the following questions?

1. Can the 2016 Z71 handle 22s? I will probably just have the dealer put them on, but does it mess with the odometer or other settings? What do I need to know? If not, then are 20s fine?

2. Do I need to know anything about the offset? When I put this make and model in Tirerack, a lot of the wheel and tire packages ask me if I want 15mm or 30mm offset. Does this matter? I just want standard.

Any other tips for me would be helpful. Basically, I don't like the look of the 18s and I want a good all around tire/wheel package that still gives me good all around road and highway use. I don't do any offloading, and mild snow in the winter. I know that 22s have less tire which results in less tread, -- but again, its basically road usage.

Thanks guys.