Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

NEED MAGNAFLOW WITH NO DRONE

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2008, 2:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED MAGNAFLOW WITH NO DRONE

I'm looking for a MF exhaust that has a nice sound withlittle to no droneinside.I've been reading post on this for the last 2 days and still don't have any clear part #'s that I can use to order from Performance Peddlers. I plan on just replacing the stock exhaust & removing the resonater & adding atip.If anyone has this setup please respond.
Old February 15th, 2008, 2:59 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: NEED MAGNAFLOW WITH NO DRONE

I had mine done at a shop in town. Custom built. They used the MF muffler, but built the rest from 3" stainless. I couldn't tell you the part numbers because I didn't pay that much attention. I don't notice the sound in the cab much at all. But what you would consider little to no drone and what I would consider little to no drone are probably not the same. And if you have an 07/08 I think the whole kit part number is 16672.
Old February 15th, 2008, 3:24 PM
CF Active Member

Here ya go...

Part #14579 5x11x22

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=14579

or this if you don't need the stainless...

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.as...CT_ID=12579%20

Old February 15th, 2008, 7:29 PM
CF Junior Member

I must be on the right track because I came up with 12589 instead of 12579. Only difference is 1 is offset on the inlet side. So the million dollar ? is which 1? Center/center or offset/center? Thanks Azsctaco
Old February 16th, 2008, 2:53 AM
e
CF Senior Member

you say the stock exhaust, but you really mean muffler correct? You will get a little drone inside but its not bad. When you go from 8 to 4 cylinder is where your really going to hear the difference. At first it seems a little loud but of course as time goes by it will mellow down a little. I really dont mind the tone and I dont feel that it has a drone inside. I am however running the full catback on ours. I settled for the magnaflow, but really wanted the Corsa with the RSC technology. ThisCorsa is super quite until you hit the gas. The only reason I didnt get the Corsa was because of the rear exit instead of the side exit. The did have plans of making the side exit but I just tired of waiting........
Old February 17th, 2008, 2:09 PM
CF Active Member

Available here: http://020289f.netsolstores.com/magn...ustsystem.aspx
Old February 18th, 2008, 9:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Aquarious
12589 is the correct one... Center inlet and offset outlet...3" diameter....Don't waste money on catback system. Also 12589 is stainless steel but not polished (unless you are going to show the exhaust there is no need for polished SS - except you have to get a nice exhaust tip). The Tahoe exhaust pipes are already stainless steel with a 2.8" diameter - so the 3" will work fine (preferably welded by a muffler shop). I bought one about 1 year ago.... SUPERB no complaints whatsoever. I also removed the resonator and had an oval Magnaflow exhaust tip...Total price about $200. vs a $600 cat back system.... Also, to be honest, don't expect any mileage or performance gains.... strictly a sound effect device....The system comesalive around 50 MPH, but no drone, just right sound to let you know you have a 300+ horses under the hood.
Big D
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Old May 14th, 2008, 6:34 AM
CF Active Member

I have been in the hospital and not able to send payment out due to medical conditions. I have sent the powdercoater several emails explaining my situation... I think that is very wrong to simply make a username to post something irrelevant to the thread, when I have been an active participating member on here for almost two years... Once I am no longer on medical leave and I am able to send payment, I will, that is reasonable with my medical conditions...