Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Neucleus NC-X2iLAN iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2006, 2:45 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Neucleus NC-X2i iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)

ORIGINAL: dac0068

I ordered a Neucleus NC-X2i and they told me it should be here by tomorrow.
I will let you guys know how it works. I hope it does all it says.... we will see.
Where'd you order yours from and is it the LAN model?
Old December 27th, 2006, 3:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Neucleus NC-X2i iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)

I picked it up from here http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2ilan.html
Neucleus NC-X2iLAN 2006-2007 GM-to-iPodŽ Interface w/Auxiliary Input

Old December 27th, 2006, 4:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Cool! Same place I got mine. Should get it tomorrow. The iConnect gave me a taste of how cool it will be to use the iPod. Can't wait to get this and get the full version! Fingers crossed there are no bugs or hiccups with it.
Old December 27th, 2006, 4:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah that is what i hope to......I had some thing that was very simular in my 05 Silverado. But it was not on a Nav screen. It worked great. We will see what happens.. I will keep you updated...
Old December 27th, 2006, 8:44 PM
CF Senior Member

I'm curious...[waiting for updates]
Old December 27th, 2006, 8:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!!!
Old December 28th, 2006, 1:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Mine si on the way i will have it today I just tracked it online
Old December 28th, 2006, 2:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Yeah, if it works the way it's supposed to work, I'm going to actually put video up for all to see. I want everyone to know that it works properly to avoid questions, and hopefully make it an easier decision for people to buy.

One person on another forum had a problem with their Neucleus, but it seems like it was a defective unit.

Hours away from our posting of the results.

Old December 28th, 2006, 3:46 PM
CF Junior Member

it works... but it tells you how to get your XM back. and mine is gone and I can not get it back. So I will have to take it out and start again. I am going to call the in a while I am not sure what is going on with it. But it did work but when i wanted to go back to Xm. It said there was an error ... and then it all went away and now I can't even get the Ipod to work. Just an update.....
Old December 28th, 2006, 5:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Here's my update,

First off dac0068, I'm sure by now you got it all figured out. Remember you're dealing with a "computer" for the most part, and sometimes it takes a couple of "reboots" to get it all talking properly. I had the same problem you did, but all I did was reconnect the XM directly to the head-unit, then repeated the Neucleus set-up, and everything is cool now. (By the way this same thing happened the first time I hooked up the iConnect. I think the XM just needs to see the head-unit one last time after you put a T harness on it.) You'll get it if you haven't already.

My initial thoughts on the Neucleus are IT'S DEFINITELY BETTER THAN THE iConnect, but it's still limited and a bit disappointing. I understand that this technology is pretty frickin' amazing, just the fact we can do what we can do with it is cool. I still wish there was a device that could handle ALL of the information that's on the iPod. I understand it's limited to 31 "slots" that the XM/head-unit software generates, but it would be nice if there was a way to just alternate the information in those limited 31 "slots". An example would be seeing albums 1-31 in the fields, but then being able to turn the tuning **** and get albums 32-63 in those same "slots", and so on and so on. That's what I was hoping this device did since I know most of us have hundreds of albums on our iPods.

So having said that, and understanding the technology is limited, the Neucleus is still pretty cool because you can at least control it manually, which is something that you couldn't do with the iConnect. The cool thing too is, if you do manually play an album that's way down in the "Z's", and therefore won't show up in the head-unit, once you put the Neucleus back in advanced mode you still get the information on your head-unit, and you're able to control the tracks on that album with the head-unit and steering wheel controls. So it's a round about way, since you still have to touch your iPod to start it off, but at least you have the info on the screen and some control. Speaking of the screen itself, it's pretty cool to have the control of the Neucleus' functions via the touch screen. Switching between XM and the iPod is cool, and again a little better than the iConnect as you don't have to turn the head-unit off and on.

Right now I'm testing to see if the charger turns itself off. The paperwork says it charges for 2 hours after the key is turned off, and not the 30 mins that it said online. I'll find out which one it is. Other than that, I'm going to keep testing it out. I'll report back anything I find out with it, but I just wanted to get this posted.

The Neucleus NC-X2iLAN is not quite there yet, but it's closer than, and a better than the iConnect for sure.

Quick Reply: Neucleus NC-X2iLAN iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)