Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2008, 12:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Factory Alarm Upgrade Automate AM14

Yes we are interested. What is the price? Thanks.
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:12 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$200.00 plus shipping. Vehicle must have oe remote engine start to control remote start.
unit gives you increased range, door lock/unlock confirmation, doors, hood and rear hatch monitoring.
Works just like OE remote. All thru lan bus network easy install just three wires.
Old February 19th, 2008, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome...we appreciate the information.

One last question....does it allow for any added trigger inputs, such as shock or glass sensor?

Thanks again.
Old February 19th, 2008, 3:58 PM
CF Active Member

This unit does not add any inputs, but you can add the automate 3902T Data alarm upgrade.
Adds full alarm to factory system thru data, ie. extra inputs, glass break, tilt, proximity, etc.....
Old February 19th, 2008, 4:05 PM
CF Beginner

Will the remote operated the power tailgate? I really only need lock unlock, tailgate and remote start.

Jeff
Old February 19th, 2008, 9:11 PM
CF Active Member

It will duplicate your oe remote, and give you 2 way confirmation on doors, hood, rear hatch and engine start confirmation. Yes it will operate power rear hatch. It does not have any inputs for extra sensors. It you want a alarm upgrade I can send the data upgrade alarm. This would require 2 seperate units.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 7:24 PM
e
CF Senior Member

I would hold up on these units for a while. It seems that when the factory alarm is triggered the AM14 fails to send a conformation to the remote. It does give all of the other conformations as mentioned. So if your not concerned about the alarm trigger it will control all of the factory OE remote functions.
Old February 24th, 2008, 1:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: charlie pachanga

$200.00 plus shipping. Vehicle must have oe remote engine start to control remote start.
unit gives you increased range, door lock/unlock confirmation, doors, hood and rear hatch monitoring.
Works just like OE remote. All thru lan bus network easy install just three wires.
I'd like to order one of these. Shoot me a PM please.
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM
CF Senior Member

Today I decided to do the install. I followed the directions in the 'book' for connecting it up and grabbed power and ground from pins16 and4 on the DLC. Ran the antenna up to behind the mirror and mounted it ever so nicely.

Herin lies where the problems began...

I plugged the unit in - got the solid LED on the XK01 as it said I should. Turned the key to the Ignition position as it said to and the LED went out. Then I programmed the remote per the instructions and it beeped once. I tested the remote with no luck so I re-programmed it and got 3 beeps. Now the remote locks and unlocks the doors and opens the tailgate glass. It won't remote start the truck.

I tried to re-program the remote and still nothing.

Next - I disconnected the large Molex connector from the XK01 (I had to run the wires anyway) and tried it again. This time, when it's powered up and I turn the key to ignition, the LED doesn't go off on the XK01 - it's not doing anything. I tried the remote re-program but still nothing.

At this point, I disconnected the XK01 from the wiring harness and buttone up everything on the truck - it started to get a bit cold and started to snow a bit.

Looking to you for assistance, advice, and hopefully the fix to this annoying little problem.

Any thoughts?? My sole purpose for purchasing this unit is to provide a much better remote starting range. Luckily, my factory remote is still working.
Old March 1st, 2008, 3:12 PM
CF Senior Member

My 07 Tahoe now has the most incredible RKE and Remote Start range!!

I was in my building at work... 3x farther than my OEM remote would start working, nowhere near a window... and I started the truck!!! The remote gave feedback immediately that it was running.

Totally cool.

Thanks for the deal Carlos!!!