Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2008, 10:07 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Factory Alarm Upgrade Automate AM14

Hmmmmmm. Thanks for the info jlenkows. I'm torn, I wish the module GM is supposed to release months ago was finally available. I'm wondering if it's just swept under the rug now.
Old March 11th, 2008, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jlenkows, can you post some pictures of where you placed the antennae? I just got this as well, and was planning on installing it this weekend. thx.
Old March 11th, 2008, 2:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Actually, it's on the glass right behind the rear view mirror. The antenna is barely visible from outside and hidden by the mirror inside.
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else installed one of these?

Charlie, do you have any more for sale? Has the price changed? This is compatible with the 2007 new body silverados with factory remote start I assume?

Anyone else found an online place to buy it? Thanks.
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
CF Addict

Can someone please explain ASAP where they hooked up the three wires? Where exactly did you get the power and ground from? Where did you hook up the violet wire? I am not the best at anything electical so lots of details for the simple minded! Thanks.
Old April 26th, 2008, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I was reading about this in a Mobile Electronic Dealer's mag today, and was wondering if it can be used with Pontiac's, specificlly a 2007 G6. The remote start range on the factory system blows, and I was thinking of installing this. Also, do you think if I went to my dealer and asked him about this, they could install it after the fact?

From reading, it seems this system does not display the factory alarm going off. Is this a defect, or does it need a aftermarket alarm?

Sorry for posting a Pontiac question in a Chevy forum, but this is the only real source of data I can find on this thing.
Old April 30th, 2008, 4:28 PM
CF Addict

I just wanted to let everyone know that charlie sent me the AM14 last week. I got it installed and love it. I like the fact i can look down and know my vehicle is locked, started, unlocked, etc. As for the range, it is definately better than stock. I never tried to max out my stock remote start distance, hwoever I would guess it is 4-5 times greater with the AM14. I love the mod and highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks Charlie, AKA carlos. This guy is very helpful and knowledgable. I am glad he is around our site.
Old April 30th, 2008, 6:35 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

The instructions I saw on the web say that the remote beeps and/or vibrates when security is triggered.
"Vibration mode is useful when you are in a noisy place and have difficulty hearing the beep sound from the remote
control transceiver. In vibration mode, the transceiver will vibrate if your security system is triggered."

Is this accurate?

Also saw somewhere else that you can pop the hatch and other OEM remote functions. How do you pop the glass in the hatch?

What about pics of your install?
Old April 30th, 2008, 9:23 PM
CF Addict

Shark,
I will confirm that there is audio and vibration upon certain features suck as lock, unlock, hood or door open (i think on these two). Outside of the lock and unlock audio and vibrations I cant tell you exactly what it does. I havent experimented with it that much. I also cant help on the rear door hatch and the rear window functions. There is one button for at leat one of the functions. I am sorry buy my vehicle that this was installed on doesnt have the rear hatch, . Someone else please help shark out, Charlie or Jlenkows how about a little help.
Old May 1st, 2008, 7:40 AM
CF Active Member

Okay, now you guys have me wanting one. Charlie (Carlos) where do I send the money ?