Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

new interior look

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2006, 6:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new interior look

Hey wait a second. We could be on to something. If we can still get the GMC for $40, we can switch it over for another $50 and be ahead of the game.
Old November 11th, 2006, 6:22 PM
CF Addict

The GMC went up also. I mentioned a long time ago that when I got mine the dealer said it was a old part number and the same part had changed numbers. It went from 40 to 150. They were still able to get the old part number at that time. I am not sure if they still can, possibly!

I would rather just buy the right one for 90 if he can get and it would be a lot less hassle.
Old November 11th, 2006, 6:24 PM
CF Veteran

I'm afraid he is in for a surprise when he orders more or tries to anyways.
Old November 11th, 2006, 9:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah he will make promises on the sale then not have good parts to deliver... LOL

Hey Guys, let me know the outcome of that console and what the pricing ends up as, I like that as well!
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

You guys were correct. The LTZ offers this option. It comes in the brushed finish. All the part #'s were changed and the price was raised to retail $155.00. My cost comes to $115.00. Should have bought 100 when I bought the other ones.
According to my parts guy when GM sees a high demand for an aftermarket part they will raise the price. Thet do have 105 in stock.
Old November 13th, 2006, 3:16 PM
CF Addict

Confirms it all! I can get it locally for 120. But there isnt any way I am paying that when they just raised the price for no reason. I got the darker GMC one for $40 and when I found out that it was the wrong one they had raised the price! I said forget it!

Thanks for looking into this for us.

I would still like to have your trim for that area of the cubby hole/console! You cant just sell the trim and I can hot glue it to mine? Is this possible?
Old November 13th, 2006, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: biglg

Confirms it all! I can get it locally for 120. But there isnt any way I am paying that when they just raised the price for no reason. I got the darker GMC one for $40 and when I found out that it was the wrong one they had raised the price! I said forget it!

Thanks for looking into this for us.

I would still like to have your trim for that area of the cubby hole/console! You cant just sell the trim and I can hot glue it to mine? Is this possible?

these were the prices i quoted earlier.
1.light switch surround $35.00
2.guage bezel $45.00
3.center tray $ 85.00
4.drink holder $50.00
5. center console lock $65.00
6.steering wheel $295.00

the only part "hot glued" is the top of the drink tray to the bottom. They have to break it apart before they dip it. Scott was not happy with the first glue job so I sent him a replacement piece.

These are the original factory OEM parts Dipped

if you want 3,4 &5 I will do it for $130.00 shipped. There will be a core deposit of $100.00 which is refunded once I receive your old pieces back.
Old November 13th, 2006, 7:08 PM
CF Addict

What is the center console lock? I am just wanting the center console arm rest wood trim piece? Is it lockable, lol? I dont even know!

Lastly, how do i remove the center tray/cubby drink area piece to send back to you? thanks.
Old November 13th, 2006, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: biglg

What is the center console lock? I am just wanting the center console arm rest wood trim piece? ======same thing. The pushbutton locks the aremrestIs it lockable, lol? I dont even know!

Lastly, how do i remove the center tray/cubby drink area piece to send back to you? thanks.====stick a small flat head screw driver under the edge and oush up. It just pops out.
What is the center console lock? I am just wanting the center console arm rest wood trim piece? ======same thing. The pushbutton locks the aremrestIs it lockable, lol? I dont even know!

Lastly, how do i remove the center tray/cubby drink area piece to send back to you? thanks.====stick a small flat head screw driver under the edge and oush up. It just pops out.
Old November 13th, 2006, 8:02 PM
CF Veteran

Well, that was helpful.

I think the arm rest lock is the entire surround for the storage area on the top of the armrest/console. The lock is at the front of it and I believe they are using that term for the piece. I gather this from looking at the pics and comparing to the list.

I could be wrong! I've heard people have been wrong before. I haven't tried it yet though.

Quick Reply: new interior look